• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Colorists: Could I get a little help, please?

Darrell

First Post
I have an old black & white map (see attachment) I did several years ago, and I'm kind of interested in having it colored.

The aim is to use it to replace the map of my 'transitional' campaign setting (the one where I try out all the 'new stuff' I'm considering using before allowing it in my regular Greyhawk game), and create a setting document I can put up on the web.

Right now, I've been using a re-done map I cribbed from a now-forgotten online source; but I wouldn't feel right about putting that document online, as (A) I don't have permission to use that map, and (B) I don't even remember where I got it from to begin with to try to seek permission.

My old map would work just fine, but I'd like to see it colored, so...

...is there anyone out there who could help me out a bit?

Regards,
Darrell King

Attachments

• Dragonclaw map.jpg
    Dragonclaw map.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 213

Finster

First Post
What kind of software are you using and/or have access to?

You can color very easily with PhotoSlop. If you are using that; try the DC Comics guide to Coloring and Lettering. It's all point and click stuff. It is also very simple once you set it up.

Otherwise, I'm sure somebody around here can help out. I have seen some pretty amazing things on this board done with other software.

Darrell

First Post
hafrogman said:
I'll give it a shot tonight.

Alas I am at work right now. *sigh*

Cool! :) It should be fairly easy for you to make out, terrain-wise; mostly grasslands, mountains, and forests, with a bit of desert/badlands-type terrain at the upper left of the map.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks!! :)

Regards,
Darrell King

Darrell

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
For the love of God, switch to GIMP! :eek:

Thanks for the link! I'll check GIMP out a bit closer...just as soon as I'm on a normal interface again (I'm using my brother's computer for the next few days/week, and he only has dial-up).

Regards,
Darrell King

hafrogman

Adventurer
Well, here is my effort.

It was a very beautiful map, I hope I did it justice.

Attachments

• Dragonclaw Color.jpg
    Dragonclaw Color.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 180

Pbartender

First Post
Darrell said:
My old map would work just fine, but I'd like to see it colored, so...

...is there anyone out there who could help me out a bit?

I know it's already been colored, but if you don't mind, Darrel, I might play around with this map a bit and see what I can come up with.

Out of curiosity, have any of the features on the map been named?

Remove ads