• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat Challenge questions

psyronin

Explorer
There are a couple of things about Combat Challenge that I'm not sure how they work. I'm hoping some of you might be able to enlighten me.

1. When a marked enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include you, you get to make an attack as an immediate interrupt. Are these attacks limited to 1 per round or 1 per turn?

2. I have the Shield Push feat. A marked enemy attacks a party member next to me. I hit the enemy with my Combat Challenge interrupt and move it away one square and now the enemy is not adjacent to the original party member but is adjacent to a different party member. Does the enemy lose its standard action because it got interrupted, or can it switch to the new party member?

Thanks in advance.

Zsig

Explorer
2. I have the Shield Push feat. A marked enemy attacks a party member next to me. I hit the enemy with my Combat Challenge interrupt and move it away one square and now the enemy is not adjacent to the original party member but is adjacent to a different party member. Does the enemy lose its standard action because it got interrupted, or can it switch to the new party member?

From what i understand from the RAW, in that case your Immediate Interrupt cancels target's attack.

"If an interrupt invalidates a triggering action, that action is lost."

Maximillian

First Post
"If an interrupt invalidates a triggering action, that action is lost."

I'm with Z here. This feat makes for some interesting situations, especially since it can be triggered by a shift or an attack. Makes maneuvering around the fighter more difficult, as she can force you to start your shift from a different (possibly more distant) square.

Keep in mind, though, that a creature with reach may still be able to complete an attack that was interrupted by this push.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads