• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat Facing

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Demoquin said:
The enemy could always ready an attack to intercept the rogue right? or use reach weapons.

The first sign of a broken rule is when someone suggests that the way to stop it is by readying an action.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Nail said:
KD, that's darn near "sig material". Good quote! :cool:

Well, I never had a sig since I could never think of anything cool to say. So, let's see if I was able to add it to my sig here (and you are right, darn near, not really great ;) ).

frankthedm

First Post
Meatpuppet said:
I was wondering wouldn't this variant make a Rogue with a good tumble skill, too powerful?

I mean he could deliver a sneak attack every round by simply tumbling to the back of his enemies ...
I believe the last time there was facing in D&D, you got what effectivly was an 'immediate' facing adjustment when an enemy you were aware of moved into attack range. Of course giving your back to someone also drew an AoO.

Also, back then sneak attack was "backstab"; You HAD to be behind the target AND the target HAD to be unaware of you {see 1e / 2e hide in shadows & move silently].

Meatpuppet

Explorer
frankthedm said:
I believe the last time there was facing in D&D, you got what effectivly was an 'immediate' facing adjustment when an enemy you were aware of moved into attack range. Of course giving your back to someone also drew an AoO.

Also, back then sneak attack was "backstab"; You HAD to be behind the target AND the target HAD to be unaware of you {see 1e / 2e hide in shadows & move silently].

Thanks I'll try to find those rules.

For the moment I'm tinkering with the idea of making a special option inspired by the Total defense standard action and the Dodge feat, that would allow a character to adjust is facing during a chosen enemy's turn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads