• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat-light adventures?

Fenes

First Post
In the hope of getting a player to DM for a session or three, I am looking for combat-light adventures. It does not matter which edition, since they shouldn't have much combat in them and therefore would be easy to convert.

So, what adventures are out there that do not have a lot of combat/dungeon crawling? Bought or free, print or pdf, WotC or 3PP, or fan-made, 1E, 2E, 3E, 4E, what's out there?

When it comes to D&D adventures, "combat light" doesn't leap to mind:lol:. In general, though look for city based adventures. These tend to have more roleplaying opportunities than most dungeons. The city guard combined with harsh legal punishments for violence can help nudge PC's to find nonviolent ways to solve problems. I personally love the Freeport adventures. Depending on how the DM sets things up they can be combat heavy or very combat light. Basic D&D module B6 The Veiled Society can work the same way. I am sure there are plenty more out there with the pdf market being so large.

Fenes

First Post
If I'd be looking through adventures, I'd be getting spoilers. It is meant for a player who could DM a single adventure (so I can play as well). Last time he had to cut out about 90% of combat encounters to make the adventure fun (Speaker in Dreams, if I remember correctly).

GrumpyOldMan

First Post
I recommend that you go to www.lythia.com and download:
Jedes
Asolade Hundred
and
A Shower of Silver

A Shower of Silver is a convention length Hârnic murder mystery set in and around Jedes Keep (so you'll need Jedes if you want to run it in situ).

You probably doon't need Asolade Hundred, but it details the area around Jedes & gives some additional background.

117 pages of background material plus a 22 page scenario and half a dozen fully detailed pregenerated characters all for free! It's a bargain!

Okay, the characters are detialed using HârnMaster, so you may need to ditch them, but the rest is (almost) system free.

If anyone does download this stuff, I'd be interested to see what they think!

Remove ads