• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Combat Time Tracker Programm

ericmorsi

First Post
Hello,

I heard about a combat tracker (tracking the rounds of combat) somewhere here in the forum but I cannot remember where.

I would love to have such a programm.

Is there a programm out there which also tracks the duration of a spell.

I'm dreaming of a programm like this:

In the third round of combat my loyal cleric-npc casts a prayer.
The program would now inform me when the spell is over by giving an audio-signal (like a 'beep' or something like this).

While I recognise this would be very complicated to programm (I guess) maybe one could just enter the duration number (by calculating the rounds till the end of the spell) and enter that number. The programm would then give the signal when the last round of the spell has come.

Thanks for all your feedback
Eric

knight_isa

First Post
I wrote a program that does that tracks initiative, AC, hit points, and duration effects. You can save the information, too. My group runs it on my laptop and sets up a TV as a second monitor so everyone can see it. I have absolutely no documentation for it, though, since I wrote it primarily for myself.

I don't have a place on the web to put it at the moment, but if you want I can e-mail it to you. It's less than 30k zipped if you have the Borland C++ runtime libraries, or about 280k zipped if I compile them into the executable.

If you want to try it, I am willing to take suggestions on how to improve it and make bug fixes, although I have no intention of straying too far from its original purpose of a combat tracker.

TuWakTay

First Post
Hi there. The DM Tracker Tool team is working on a tool which does just what your looking for. We are getting real close to an Alpha run of the program. If your interested in receiving a copy of the Alpha swing by http://www.velvetpantheon.com and either send me an email or make a post on our boards. While your there you can check out some screenshots, although I'll be honest with you they are a tad bit outdated as there has been some graphical overhauls with the program. The message boards contain some development updates on the progress of the program as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads