• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

combining Regain Control and Pull Out?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Right now we have two stunts: Regain Control and Pull Out. Regain Control allows a pilot to resume control of an out-of-control vessel if they make a Piloting skill check against the DC of the maneuver that caused the loss of control in the first place. Pull Out allows a pilot to end a downward spiral by making a Piloting check against DC 20.

I move that we make these one and the same: call it Regain Control, make the DC 20 (modified by whatever) and use it to either take control of an out of control vessel or halt a downward spiral.

I also move that we say that any vessel that enters a downward spiral is automatically out of control. That is, a downward spiral is a special case of loss of control.

Thoughts?

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I also also move that a vessel that suffers a loss of control moves in a straight line at half its Speed or the distance it traveled last round, whichever is less.

For many vessels, that will cause it to enter a downward spiral.

Remove ads