• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Come and read my storyhour!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Mmm again Lars proves to be a great storyteller AND an adept Dm. :) Btw, I love the Sagon attack. Very nicely done, even if the number WERE a bit high. (Try Ratmen/Slitheren next time with a few class levels)

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Cool. I really enjoyed the level of description My favorite part was the mystery with the inn wight child (That is what is was, right?). As I was reading the mystery, I thought that the undead child was Hayworth's dead child come back from the dead to find his parents and that the inn wight was just a seperate plot-hook to get the characters to come into contact with the evil illusionist. I guess I am too used to weaving and reading plots that are too complex :) . One thing about Scarn, I thought it was a barren wasteland ala Athas of Darksun. Is this true?

Last edited:

Nightfall

Not all of it. Some of it is quite beautiful, like Vera-Tre and Mithril. The difference between DS and SL is two fold. One, gods play a much larger role as well as the division between titanspawn (those that follow the titans, druids, some rangers and some sorcerers), and the "Divine Races" (they were created by the titans but they consider themselves divine since they sided with the gods.) Secondly, it just has MORE wilderness to it. Wastelands DO exist and are extensive, at least in Ghelspad where much of the story is presently. But not all of Scarn/the Scarred Lands is a blasted place. It just happens to be close to where civilization is trying rebuild and re-establish itself.

Nightfall

Mmm I was waiting anxiously for this one! Well...no more than the rest but the more I read, the more I like! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads