• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Common Item Database

captainspud

First Post
I wanted to make it a bit easier for my players to shop for common items, so I spent a couple hours today entering all the HFL, HFK, and Dragon 391 items into a database and then coding up a little app to view them. I figured some of you might find it useful too, so here you go:

Common Items

The tables are sized to be printable, and you can use the filter at the top to display different level ranges and select publication sources (pre-Essentials, Essentials core books, and DDI materials). The effect summaries aren't always comprehensive-- I left out certain conditional effects and crits.

Currently included in the database:
Pre-Essentials items mentioned in the September errata
Heroes of the Fallen Lands
Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms
DM's Book
Dragon 390-393

Anyway, I hope someone finds this helpful. :)

Last edited:

fba827

Adventurer
nicely done - thanks for sharing.

Edit: I just noticed that you didn't include the previously published items that were 'updated' to common status as of September (from PHB1, AV, etc). The list of previously published common items (copy/pasted from the errata document) is:

[sblock]
Black Iron Armor
Magic Armor
Sylvan Armor
Veteran’s Armor
Defensive Weapon
Magic Weapon
Vicious Weapon
Magic Orb
Magic Staff
Utility Staff
Defensive Staff
Magic Wand
Magic Tome
Magic Rod
Rod of Dark Reward
Rod of Hope Triumphant
Magic Holy Symbol
Symbol of the Holy Nimbus
Symbol of Vigor
Magic Totem
Autumn Harvest Totem
Pure Spirit Totem
Bracers of Might Striking
Bracelet of the Radiant Storm
Shield of the Barrier Sentinels
Shield of Deflection
Boots of Striding
Boots of Stealth
Boots of Surging Speed
Boots of Quickness
Parry Gauntlets
Gloves of Grace
Gloves of Agility
Diadem of Acuity
Goggles of Night
Helm of Battle
Circlet of Indomitability
Headband of Perception
Amulet of Protection
Elven Cloak
Safewing Amulet
Collar of Recovery
Belt of Vigor
Belt of Vim
Girdle of the Oxen
Belt of Blood
Potion of Healing
Potion of Life
Potion of Recovery
Potion of Vitality
[/sblock]

Note that some of these did get reprinted in HotF*

Last edited:

captainspud

First Post
Alrighty, I've added commons from the DM Book, the update document, and the post-Essentials issues of Dragon. I think I'm caught up. :)

EDIT: I also added the source filter, so people can now sort between pre-Essentials, Essentials, and DDI items, if desired.

Last edited:

Nitpicks on my part: You listed both Delver's Armor and Hero's Armor as Common, but in my copy of HFK they're Uncommon. I haven't checked the other item categories.

captainspud

First Post
Nitpicks on my part: You listed both Delver's Armor and Hero's Armor as Common, but in my copy of HFK they're Uncommon. I haven't checked the other item categories.
Okay, wow... I honestly never even noticed that all the items in the books weren't Commons. I mean... wtf?! Why bother listing Uncommon items in the FREAKING PLAYER BOOK?!

Blech.

<-- goes back and edits

Yeah, I was kinda surprised by your comments in the Ki Focus thread regarding rarities, so I did a quick check of my books. Don't know why WotC included Uncommons there, though.

Oh, well. Mistakes happen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads