• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

'Community' to have a Dungeons & Dragons episode

Fast Learner

First Post
I like both of those shows but Always Sunny and even Psych have more laughs for me, though 30 Rock is very close.
I enjoy 30 Rock but don't find it to be nearly as funny as most, despite appreciating the humor. Always Sunny completely escapes me; I watched a dozen or so episodes and laughed maybe 5 times. Fortunately to each his own.

Psych is awesome and is one of my favorite shows, but actual laughing out loud is pretty rare. Besides, I said sitcom. ;)

Plaguedguy

First Post
Community is one of the few shows I actually make a point of watching as soon as it airs (either on television or the following days via Hulu or some other thing). Hopefully this D&D episode works out as well as 'Modern Warfare' and 'Epidemiology'.

IronWolf

blank
I thought Community was great the first season. I just haven't found it as appealing this season, though I do still watch. A D&D episode could be pretty fun though, perhaps it will be one of the gems of the season.

fba827

Adventurer
*I* find it fun and exciting that a well received show will tackle D&D (and hopefully it won't be in a negative light for just the hardcore book nerds that enjoy it).

However, I do find it somewhat disheartening that this made cnn (and other news). Really? You don't run a cnn story when community does a paintball episode, or a pillow fort episode, but for some reason, D&D is such a corner case that it deserves a news article. I recognize this to simply be fact since D&D is such a niche hobby, but, as said, it's still disheartening.

All that aside, I do look forward to seeing how it turns out!!!

NewJeffCT

First Post
I've never heard of the show before. I didn't even know Chevy Chase was on TV. However, I'll have to check it out if there is D&D on it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fast Learner

First Post
I've never heard of the show before. I didn't even know Chevy Chase was on TV. However, I'll have to check it out if there is D&D on it.

Be forewarned that there are definitely in-jokes. Well, not in-"jokes," but references and expectations about characters' behavior.

Doesn't mean you won't enjoy it, just that you'd enjoy it more if you'd seen a few episodes. The five most recent episodes are available on Hulu, if you're in the US and so inclined.

mac1504

Explorer
When is this episode supposed to air (if it hasn't already)?

According to the NBC website, the episode is scheduled to air this coming Thursday. More importantly they broadcast a trailer this evening during SNL. The best part of the trailer? Chang dressed as a drow.

John Crichton

First Post
I've never heard of the show before. I didn't even know Chevy Chase was on TV.
He's pretty funny but his character is actually the least entertaining on the show. Still, fantastic show when it's at it's best. There are certainly some weird dud eps here and there but the "themed" eps are some of the best stuff on TV right now. :)

Remove ads