• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Compendium doesn't load on mobile devices anymore? Why?

drothgery

First Post
Samsung Focus / Windows Phone 7 / Windows Phone 7 IE / AT&T gets an ASP.NET server error page (and y'all should know better to show those to the public under any circumstances).

Ferghis

First Post
I cross posted this problem at the wizards.com forum for D&Di technical issues, but it's not getting a lot of traffic. Mudbunny, I forgot to thank you for helping out: thanks! I'll quote your post over there too, in case anyone wants to post their details as well.

EDIT: I also quoted your post in the initial post, so it gets a better chance at being seen.

Last edited:

Ferghis

First Post
I spoke to a Wizards customer service rep. She told me that they were aware of the problem, and she guessed that it would be fixed in the next update. She was very nice, but I can't say that's really satisfying. All it would take to fix it would be to remove the redirect. I think that takes selecting some code and pressing the delete key, but I'm no programmer.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
When a browser connects to a server, it identifies itself - and the server can be set up to send a visitor to a different page designed specifically for a particular browser client.

It sounds like mobile Safari is reporting itself as a mobile browser and they've configured a redirect (but only in a half-baked way). The Android browser might be either not reporting itself as a Mobile browser, or isn't one that the server has identifying information for.

Atomic Web (Atomic Web Browser - Browse FullScreen w/ Download Manager & Dropbox for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store) has a setting where you can get it to report as Safari Desktop, IE, or Firefox, The Lite version is free and IMO a better browser on the iPhone.

You could try that.

Cheers

MythosaAkira

Explorer
FWIW, I just tried on my iPad2 (iOS 4.3.2) using both Safari and Terra and it worked fine. Since they both use iOS, I'd assume the iPhone and the iPad are both using the same version of Safari.

Alan Shutko

Explorer
IPad and iPhone report the browser version slightly differently, so that servers can redirect the iPhone browser to a mobile site but not the iPad version.

Remove ads