• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Compendium Updated!

Scribble

First Post
So the new formatting of the Compendium is up...

I have to say I'm a little annoyed.

I used to be able to copy/paster. While I can still do that, it doesn't copy over the background color formatting. :(

I liked that. The color formatting really heps me, especially with monster stat blocks.

If you're listening WoTC, please bring back that feature.

OchreJelly

First Post
You beat me to it! Like in the past when Bravura warlord leaked early into the compendium, I'm seeing other things -- maybe this isn't new but it is to me.

Search on "Warden" and you can see epic destiny for "Primal Avatar".

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
I never did a complete copy/paste of stat blocks, therefore leaving the formating behind (except bolding/italics and the attack type pics). Too much wasted space, IMO. I wonder why its not possible anymore though?

OchreJelly

First Post
I tested printing monster stats using the print-format button (which is probably what I will do most with the compendium for game prep). It printed landscape and was huge! The ettercap controller I selected at random printed to two pages.

It's not bad but I could have done with a smaller font printing.

Scribble

First Post
I never did a complete copy/paste of stat blocks, therefore leaving the formating behind (except bolding/italics and the attack type pics). Too much wasted space, IMO. I wonder why its not possible anymore though?

I guess something about the new pop-up screen thing they use? It copies over in a larger font, with no background formatting. :(

Not a HUGE deal, but now I go from having to make 2 clicks, to multiple clicks.

Irda Ranger

First Post
My main problem with the Compendium remains the same: no explanatory rules.

So, for instance, a Power lets me either stun or daze an opponent. What's the difference between those again? Whoops, looks like I have to get out that PHB after all.

Scribble

First Post
My main problem with the Compendium remains the same: no explanatory rules.

So, for instance, a Power lets me either stun or daze an opponent. What's the difference between those again? Whoops, looks like I have to get out that PHB after all.

Yeah compendium is much better for game prep.

As for that, the DM screen lists all the conditions. :p

fodigg

First Post
I'm not a fan of it. The old version seemed a lot smaller and was very simple. This one seems to be very wide, take up more space than it needs to, and shoves itself too far to the left in the browser window.

Scribble

First Post
Scribble try using Google Chrome and Google Documents. It will still do all that.

I don't really have a choice, in web browsers. I do most of my game prep durring my free time at work, and we only have the option to use IE6.

I just tried Google docs and still no background formatting. Maybe it only works on the combo of the two?

Also I'm not a fan of Google docs.

This new formatting thing makes grown up baby scribble cry. :(

Remove ads