• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Compiled Dragon 360

morbiczer

First Post
Since I have to go into the office tomorrow for work, I'll might as well use the opportunity to print this out. I'm curious how it will stand up as a print product to the "old" Dragons. I'm not to keen to read PDFs on screen, so I hadn't checked them out yet.

delericho

Legend
I definately prefer this compiled format to the peicemeal releases of information (I understand why they're doing that; I just don't like it). However, a printer-friendly format would be a definate boon.

I'm surprised by how much there actually is in this issue - once you factor in the lack of adverts, it looks like about the same page count as a printed Dragon. That said, I haven't compared such things as text density (and nor do I plan to, frankly). Also, a significant part of that page count is taken up with Design & Development, which is essentially advertising for the new edition. Strip that out, and the amount of game-useable material decreases dramatically.

All in all, it's not bad. Still, I wouldn't pay for this.

Bagpuss

Legend
No it's still not good enough layout to be as interesting visually as the print magazine, but neither is it printer friendly enough to be that useful for printing out.

The lack of bookmarks makes it impractical for in game use.

It very disappointing.

Baumi

Adventurer
What really irritates me is the left-side Border. :confused:

First it takes a lot of the Printer Cartridge and even what's even worse is that it is ALWAYS left-sided ... the border will alternate on the inside-outside if you print double-sided and always on the inside if you print one-sided. A Border should be always on the outside, not the inside! :\

Ok but asside of the Border, I really like the content and that it is a no frills PDF.

Jack99

Adventurer
Yeah, if they removed the left side border, I would have no complaints either. Sure, i would prefer a paper version, but this new format will do just fine.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads