• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Planscape List

Crothian

First Post
Does someone have a list of all the products that came out for Planescape? I have quite a few and would like to hunt this summer at the conventions for what I don't have but have not been able to find a list of everything. Thanks.

Zappo

Explorer
SVgames.com sells the following PDFs (minus On Hallowed Ground):

A Guide to the Astral Plane
A Guide to the Ethereal Plane
A Player's Primer to the Outlands
Dead Gods
Doors to the Unknown
Faces of Evil: the Fiends
Faction War
Fires of Dis
Harbinger House
Hellbound - the Blood War
In the Abyss
In the Cage - A Guide to Sigil
Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix
Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix II
Monstrous Compendium Planescape Appendix III
On Hallowed Ground
Planes of Chaos
Planes of Conflict
Planes of Law
Planescape Campaign Setting
Planewalker's Handbook
Something Wild
Tales from the Infinite Staircase
The Deva Spark
The Eternal Boundary
The Factol's Manifesto
The Great Modron March
The Well of Worlds
The Inner Planes
Uncaged - Faces of Sigil

Additionally, "The Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils" is listed under Planescape, though I don't think it is part of the official line.

What did I miss?

Last edited:

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
There is also:

-Warriors of Heaven
-Guide to Hell (written by some guy named Pramas - I think he runs a d20 company or something... ;) )

These were not official Planescape products (though they were 2E planar products), but undoubtedly would have been had WotC continued the line.

derverdammte

Explorer
Crothian said:
Darn it, I thought my collection was actually close to being complete but it turns out I have only half of them.
I have them all. :)

Also, "warriors of heaven"/"guide to hell" aren't actual planescape products--they weren't released with the logo, and they aren't written for the setting. They're officially "core" products.

Zappo

Explorer
Keep in mind that there are a bunch of products which deal with the planes but are written from a strictly "prime" perspective. No Planescape themes, no Planescape style, and when talking about Planescape, the themes and the style are the setting as much as the planes themselves, or maybe more so.

Even if they deal with the planes, I don't consider them Planescape products - more like a byproduct of the bad 2E idea of having all settings share the same cosmology. They may be very good products, but in my opinion if they pay no attention to the Planescape themes of belief, knowledge, mystery, philosophy... they don't feel right.

kuje31

First Post
I'd add 9574, For Duty & Deity on that as well, even though it's a Realms product it ties in with the Infinite Staircase and is mostly a planar product. But it doesn't have the Planescape logo, it has the FR logo.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
There is a Planescape short adventure developed for the RPGA called "The Manxome Foe" in the product TSR Jam 1999.

There are also five Planescape novels: Pages of Pain by Troy Denning. Torment by Ray and Valerie Vallese. The Blood Wars trilogy (Blood Hostages, Abyssal Warriors, Planar Powers) by J. Robert King.

There's also the out-of-print Blood Wars collectible card game.

It isn't official, but there is also a fan-made Planescape web-novel called Fire and Dust by James Gardner.

To clarify some of what has been said before, there are a few adventures and supplements with a planar focus, but are not Planescape per se:

A Paladin in Hell - a generic AD&D adventure that has you going through a particularly odd layer of the Abyss to fight a deposed arch-devil in Hell.

For Duty & Deity - this Forgotten Realms adventure is a crossover with Planescape's The Infinite Staircase, and the majority of it takes place in the Abyss.

Vortex of Madness and Other Planar Perils - is a generic AD&D collection of adventures taking place on various planes (a loose hook is given to tie them together).

Guide to Hell - this genericAD&D supplement details everything you wanted to know about Hell but were too afraid to ask...it even has the half-devil, something unseen in 2E (and maybe 1E as well) until then.

Warriors of Heaven - a generic AD&D supplement on how to use celestials as player-characters, and how to run a celestial campaign.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads