Complete Psionic Feats

Velmont

First Post
For my second level character, I was thinking of a Psionic Character. One cincept I like to try would be a shaper, and with the new feats in Complete Psionic, that could become even more interesting, so here the feats I would be interested to see:

Ectopic Form (Agile Loper)
Ectopic Form (Alabater Aerial)
Ectopic Form (Amber Tunneler)
Ectopic Form (Anathemic Carapace)
Ectopic Form (Atral Aquan)
Ectopic Form (Ebony Stinger)
Ectopic Form (Emerald Gyre)
Ectopic Form (Iridescent Serpent)
Skin of the Construct

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
This has interplay with the "errata"'d astral construct rules. If we do not accept the errata (which we have not), what benefit do these feats give?

Velmont

First Post
It allow to the Psion to summon predefine astral construct as shown in the Complete Psionic. They are a bit more powerfull than the basic Astral Construct, but they doesn't have the same versatility as the basic Astral Construct as you cannot choose is optional power, which is predetermine.

Also, not there is also in tehlist anotehr feat that is not an Ectopic Form:

Skin of the Construct

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Velmont said:
It allow to the Psion to summon predefine astral construct as shown in the Complete Psionic. They are a bit more powerfull than the basic Astral Construct, but they doesn't have the same versatility as the basic Astral Construct as you cannot choose is optional power, which is predetermine.

Also, not there is also in tehlist anotehr feat that is not an Ectopic Form:

Skin of the Construct
No problem with Skin of the Construct.

So power for flexibility. I think that is fine, but I'll wait for more discussion and my look through tomorrow.

Velmont

First Post
After reading again the Ectopic feat, it doesn't seems that clear... each of these feat does is mainly giving a fix extra power that is equivalent of a power of the B list (or exactly one of them). Just a note not to forget, you can apply only 1 Ectopic Form at a time, and chosen during the casting.

In the general description, they tells to refer to the preconstruct made later in the book, but they don't tell clearly that they must be that one. When you read a specific feat, it seems to simply add to the general astral construct. I think two things should be made clear before voting on them:

• Is a Ectopic Form apply to an Astral Construct, or you must need to summon one of the precontructed astral constructs?

If it apply to a general construct, it add him a specific power, but you can still choose his other power.

If you must use the preconstructed astral construct, you have two powers instead of one, but both are predetermined.

• Do Boost Construct Feat stack with any Ectopic Form?

No... you are better with Boost Construct as you can reproduce almost all teh Ectopic form with it, so it is almost an all in one.

Yes... it will allow to have up to three powers into a single contruct. One (or two, depending of the first answers) of them would be predermined.

As I read it presently, I would tells Ectopic Form stask with Boost Contruct and is added to the astral contruct. The preconstructed astral construct are simply example of what might look like such astral construct.

So, at first sight, it might like powerfull, but at teh cost of at least two feats to have two extra power on your construct, and because it is clearly told that you cannot have more than one Ectopic Form at a time, I think it is string but not too powerfull.

Erekose13

Explorer
I always took it to mean that you could add those abilities to the existing 3.5 constructs, and that yes it would stack with Boost Construct. But then I didn't really pay attention to the errata in Comp. Psi.

Remove ads