• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Warrior, anyone else afraid...?

TrubbulTheTroll

First Post
Drkfathr1 said:
Anyone else afraid this is going to be a book filled with duplicated material?

Fear of duplicates is for cowards.

D&D was recently revised. It makes perfect sense that people want their outdated materials revised to reflect this revision. I and many others welcome revised materials. Saves me time. Time is money. So I am saved money (as well as effort).

All things D&D just keep getting better all the time. If you can't keep up with the pace, it's time to park the wheelchair and call it a day.

Knight Otu

First Post
Valiantheart said:
Oh boy!! Two new core classes and 36 Prestige classes "Updated" to 3.5
It is very doubtful that all Complete Warrior PrCs are updates. It is more likely that there will be new classes among them. And according to Andy Collins, it is three Core Classes.

A quote from Andy Collins on his boards:

Three new core classes for Complete Warrior. All are fighting-based (as you might guess).

You've seen versions of two of the three before, as prestige classes and/or as base classes for other D&D settings, but this book presents all-new takes on these two archetypal warrior roles.

The third is brand-new to D&D.

The list of prestige classes is long, including some old favorites (bladesinger, drunken master, and hunter of the dead) plus some exciting new options.
Andy Collins
Senior Designer
Wizards of the Coast Roleplaying R&D

d4

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
They could have easily just updated the website periodically in order to make the old material 3.5 compatible.
...and then go out of business because they're so busy giving away stuff for free that they don't sell any books. :rolleyes:

It's a waste of my money. And it is even worse in 3.5 because it appears that the Complete Warrior is 50% or greater duplicated!
wow, you've already seen a copy of the book? where did you get it?

I think I can vamp off others until the next edition. There are ways to get the material without getting ripped off by Hasbro.
yeah, isn't piracy a great thing? :rolleyes:

like others have said, i like having things updated to the new edition. saves me the time and effort to do it myself. i'd rather have a new book with all the up-to-date rules in it than have to use my old book with the old rules and a forest of post-it notes all over it with the changes.

just my opinion.

Psion

Adventurer
I'm more annoyed at the new core classes kick than the updating of PrCs.

Though I never did like their take on the Drunken Master and doubt I will this time.

d4

First Post
Psion said:
I'm more annoyed at the new core classes kick than the updating of PrCs.
i agree -- i'd rather see new prestige classes than new core classes.

between 3.5 PHB, MinisHB, and CW, we're now up to eighteen core classes for 3.5 from WOTC alone!

Belen

Adventurer
No one said anything about piracy. One of my players is buying the book, so I can vamp off him.

No said that they could not produce the book, just that they can come up with new material for it. If you all want to keep spending money on the same material, then fine, pitch money into the fire.

All I am saying is that I will not buy the book because of the mass updates rather than added new material. I do not think we would be out of line to ask them to develop new stuff.

Crothian

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
I am getting tired of receiving the same material over and over again. They could have easily just updated the website periodically in order to make the old material 3.5 compatible.

Except I'd wager well over half of there customers never go to there website, so reprinting and updating the material is the best way to get to all of their fans.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Lets not forget that not everyone bought all those splat books the first time. Since I didn't, I'm glad I'll be getting "The Splatbook's Greatest Hits" along with a boat load of new stuff.

If you don't think it's worth it, don't buy it. A lot of people DO think it's worth it, and they DO plan to buy it.

Remove ads