• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Complete Warrior] Invisible Blade requirements

Chroma

Explorer
Just got the Complete Warrior and saw the "Invisible Blade" prestige class, looks just about perfect for a halfling dagger fighter in my campaign. But, that perfection fell apart a bit when I looked at the requirements.

Feats: Far Shot and Point Blank Shot?!? Why are these necessary for the style of fighting used by this class? They certainly don't seem to be dagger throwers in the class description.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
If you've got a weapon light enough to throw, and you're wielding one in each hand, it'd be pretty foolish not to learn how to throw them as part of the fighting style, ne? When ranged attacks are sometimes the only option, a knife-fighter would have to be able to use them, too.

Chroma

Explorer
Kamikaze Midget said:
If you've got a weapon light enough to throw, and you're wielding one in each hand, it'd be pretty foolish not to learn how to throw them as part of the fighting style, ne? When ranged attacks are sometimes the only option, a knife-fighter would have to be able to use them, too.

I can see that as a logical choice as the character progresses, but it hardly makes sense as a *pre*-requisite for a melee-focused knife fighter.

The "Master Thrower" has those two feats as requirements as well, which makes complete sense, and almost seems to be a cut and paste error of some kind to me.

Does anyone else have any insight into this? Is the author of the prestige class on EN World? Or does anyone have any way of reaching them?

Thanks!

korasukage

First Post
Hey Chroma in regards to the invisible blade yes you are right the prerequisites are indeed incorrect. Some time ago the author of the prc posted on WotC site and errated the requirements to Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus(Dagger). I will try and find the link for you. Originally the class was a 10 level prc and thats the reason why the feats included far shot and point blank shot.

Cheers:)

Chroma

Explorer
korasukage said:
Hey Chroma in regards to the invisible blade yes you are right the prerequisites are indeed incorrect. Some time ago the author of the prc posted on WotC site and errated the requirements to Weapon Finesse and Weapon Focus(Dagger). I will try and find the link for you. Originally the class was a 10 level prc and thats the reason why the feats included far shot and point blank shot.

Well, that makes a bit more sense! I went and looked it up in the Dragon where it first appeared and there it also had the ranged attack Feats as requirements, so, I was a little confused.

I think I might even add Weapon Specialization: Dagger, Kukri, or Punching Dagger to the requirements in my campaign, since that would show true dedication to the dagger.

Thanks for your input!

Remove ads