• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Complete Warrior to have new base classes

JoeGKushner

First Post
Sounds good to me. As much as my group loves PrCs, I prefer core classes. With the restrictions on multi-classing being so light, the real difference between the two is often only a level or two.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:
From the thread, I wonder if there might be some sort of swashbuckler base class?

I really hope so. IMHO there is need for a base class with fighter bab that depends on agilty, percision, etc. A base archer class would be nice too... For being the supposedly most versitile class, the fighter is simply unable to play certain fighter archetypes without multiclassing in a way that dilutes the warrior theme...

Kahuna burger

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:

I really hope so. IMHO there is need for a base class with fighter bab that depends on agilty, percision, etc. A base archer class would be nice too... For being the supposedly most versitile class, the fighter is simply unable to play certain fighter archetypes without multiclassing in a way that dilutes the warrior theme...

Kahuna burger

Really? I've found that with proper feat selection, a fighter can be pretty well suited to just about any role. Though, I guess it does suffer in the skills department.

JPL

Adventurer
I think new base classes is a good idea for some campaigns. It's interesting to see WotC going this direction after emphasizing multiclassing and prestige classes as a means of modeling archetypes.

OA is a good example of how it can be done right, too. Swashbuckling Adventures, on the other hand, looks to me like it goes a bit overboard with new base classes, but some, like the wanderer, fills some interesting niches.

Still, I hope WotC will continue to create products that don't assume you own every other book [and I'm sure they will].

Emiricol

Dang. We're about 18 months out from having core official rules in the Complete Left-Handed Dwarven Fighter With Light Armor and Piercing Weapons Handbook.

Shades of 2E...

jasamcarl

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:

Kahuna burger

The Dualist anyone?

Agamon

Adventurer
Emiricol said:
Dang. We're about 18 months out from having core official rules in the Complete Left-Handed Dwarven Fighter With Light Armor and Piercing Weapons Handbook.

Shades of 2E...

I know. What a bunch of hooey they fed us a few years ago about learning rom TSR's mistakes and not going the 2E route again. Mind you, I guess there were different people in control back then...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads