Computer Crash

Sir Dieterich

First Post
Hello everyone! Under some unfortuante circumstances, (and after working intensely on my computer for 4 hours...) my computer has crashed. Sir Dieterich, Asterix Zergothe, and my number of other characters will not be able to be on for anywhere from 3 weeks on. I am using my parents computer to post this, and will regularly check my email, which is goltemis@yahoo.com for anyone who has any questions, concerns, rping things, or just wanna talk, then go ahead and write me, I'm so bored lol. Well, I hope to have a new computer soon, until then, have fun on ISRP and other online treats that I don't get to experience *sobs*.
John

Elf_Ariel

First Post
But you weren't nice enough not to pass it on Kal...tut tut. Pray this thing doesn't get me. I'd prolly just toss my computer out the window...and then only pay for the window repair. Good luck John!

Drindin

First Post
I wouldn't be so bold as to say it's 'going around', but I imagine the majority of people onsite use fairly old computers. By old I mean 'three or four years', and most of you I think use PCs which means "C++ instability" matched with crashes, but no true data loss. Or, on the other hand, you use a Mac which means.... Crashes, and it's as though everything you've lost never truly existed... in either case, Computers, whether PC or MAC, computers are B******es

Kallikrates

First Post
Actually what took me out was a virus...I loathed reinstalling XP and then every other single piece of update and good grief....I about threw my compy out the 2nd story window to only realize that we didn't have a 2nd story.

Irthos

First Post
Hmm, my old computer almost crashed on me. It would have been the first time in the 7-8 years that it was running, with a few upgrades inbetween. People just need to know how to take care of their computers, clean it out, organize it, run a few tests and it should run smoothly or so that is my experience with them. Then get a new computer after the allotted time, go over board with it and don't let the other machine see it, they tend to get jealous, this has been my experiance as well.

Just my 2 cents, hope you get a better computer.

p.s.

don't spread the comp flu either.

Sir Dieterich

First Post
Well, I got extremely lucky and actually fixed my computer myself, no help! Which is odd, I'm not that good with computers...but even the smart computer nerds that I know didn't know how to fix it. See you on in the mean time!

Remove ads