Conan: The Saga of the Ages 2 // The Valley of Toads

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Hopping down from the rocks and scavenging over the bodies of the fallen bountyhunters, the three manage to find 28 silver. They also manage to find three suits of leather, a shortbow, and two short swords.

While they're making an inventory of all this, they hear sounds of battle over a ridge to their east - the direction the Corinthians rode in. Creeping to the ridge and peering over, the three see two forces clashing - the Corinthians they saw earlier and a handful of other people. A greenish mist is coalescing above the battlefield.

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

"What dark sorcery is this? That be no natural mist, iffin ye ask me. What say ya lads? Move on, or should we find the source and stick our swords though it just for good measures?"

ferretguy

First Post
Looking over the skirmish and the greenish vapors, Balsavous frowns...
"Aye Thornkin...finding the fiend that would end mens lives with demonic powers does not sit right with me...although we do not know what this mist may do yet." Shifting to get off a rock driving into his chest the bowman taps his fingers on his prized bow "perhaps by waiting to see who this sorcery effects may give us a clue who to find...unless your eyes are better then mine and you see someone now."

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin nods and says "I like not waiting... but for now, let us see what happens... if there is dark magic... my sword is sharp as even"

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
After a few more moments, the mist coalesces further, into three or four winged elephantine horrors. Tentacles lash at their mouths, and they swoop down on the Corinthians, scooping soldiers up in their tentacles and tossing them. Some land on the enemy soldiers, trampling them.

You can barely make out the form of a man, his form mostly hidden by dark robes, making hand gestures -- evidently a sorcerer.

ferretguy

First Post
"Ah...there he is...what say you a surprise from us?" Gauging the range to the sorcerer Balsavous nocks an arrow and takes carefull aim.

OOC: if within range Balsavous will loose the arrow at the robed figure 80ft range increments.

Karl Green

First Post
Thorkin Bearkiller

Thorkin smiles and nods his head. He says "Give me a second to move closer to the fiend... I split him like a pig"

Thorkin will move to try and get within 60ft or so, such that when Balsavous fires his arrows, he will charge with full battle rage

Remove ads