• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Concealing Amorpha Powers from XPH

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I'm not trying to find the "ultimate rules truth," I just rry to find something that works and is balanced for my campaign. I have no trouble with allowing true seeing to pierce the thin layer of ectoplasm covering the psion. That doesn't strain my suspension of disbelief, and it's both balanced and consistent with magic.

Actually, I found another rule that disallows this.

XPH page 56

"For the purpose of psionic-magic transparency, metacreativity powers are equivalent to powers of the conjuration school (thus, creatures immune to conjuration spells are also immune to metacreativity powers)."

Concealing Amorpha is a power of the metacreativity discipline and since True Seeing does not stop spells of the conjuration school, it does not stop powers of the metacreativity discipline either. Psionics does not have an illusion school equivalent, only divination, conjuration, evocation, transmutation, and enchantment (and one discipline which has no school of magic equivalent).

Remove ads