• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Condition Cards, Part 2

weem

First Post
Ok, I have made some updates to the first page of cards I made, and now I present to you page 2 which has the rest of the conditions not covered by the first. Below are previews of them...

PAGE 2 (NEW!)

dndfile_condition_card_preview2.jpg

PAGE 1 (UPDATED!)

dndfile_condition_card_preview.jpg

You can get both Condition Card pages here.

Next up will be pages dedicated strictly the most common conditions (for example, a page of "Ongoing Damage" cards, etc) plus some other cards and sheets ;)

SabreCat

First Post
I am surprised and amused that "You can't flank an enemy" isn't included in the Petrified condition. "Look out, Bob, there's a statue behind you!"

Great work, weem! Looking forward to the final edition.

Here's a thought on the Ongoing Damage card: you've got that dial (clock? speedometer? I feel dense, I think I missed the joke) thingy there. Why not have it marked with 5/10/15--the most common ongoing damage values--so the player can drop a little marker on it to say how much damage the condition does?

Last edited:

weem

First Post
I am surprised and amused that "You can't flank an enemy" isn't included in the Petrified condition. "Look out, Bob, there's a statue behind you!"

Me too! The funny thing is, to be able to flank, you have to be able to attack... so you would think you can't flank while Petrified... but conditions that prevent you from flanking say as much - and not only does Petrified not say it, but the compendium has a list of conditions that do not allow flanking, and Petrified is not on that list. I'm not sure if it's an error or intended, but my first impressions is I would not allow you to flank while Petrified, hehe.

Great work, weem! Looking forward to the final edition.

Thanks!

Here's a thought on the Ongoing Damage card: you've got that dial (clock? speedometer? I feel dense, I think I missed the joke) thingy there. Why not have it marked with 5/10/15--the most common ongoing damage values--so the player can drop a little marker on it to say how much damage the condition does?

Yea, I did think of putting the numbers so the DM could circle them or something... didn't think about dropping markers on them though, that's a good idea. Oh, and it's from a stop watch, hehe... I guess because it came from a stop watch, I naturally knew, but had I not I can see how it could be confusing - I think I will change that, thanks ;)

bh2

First Post
Card Requests

Next up will be pages dedicated strictly the most common conditions (for example, a page of "Ongoing Damage" cards, etc) plus some other cards and sheets ;)

First off, I love your cards, I have them printed out and in card sleeves. Seems to work pretty well so far w/ my paragon group. Keep up the good work!

Second, since I see you are making 'other cards' I have three card requests: an action point card, a 'magic item daily use' card, and an ongoing damage card which has more white space for using a dry-erase marker on. I'd like the extra space to write how much damage their taking (and what type) and if they are taking another condition alongside the damage (save ends both).

Any thoughts on 'save ends both' conditions? I'd likely say just to use a dry erase on one of the cards or give out two cards and hope they remember that a single save ends both (they probably will since they're taking it!).

Oh yeah, do you have any idea on how to organize all these cards? Right now I'm putting them in sleeves which are color-coded by approximate type (mental, movement, and damage), which allows me to shrink it to 4 stacks of cards (those cards plus a stack of action points and 'magic item daily use' cards). But, still I wonder if there is a better way to optimize time in finding the card w/o creating too many stacks.

Also along the lines of organization, are there any sort of card containers/holders/something to keep the stacks from moving around during play, yet still be sufficient for quick access? I'm thinking something like deck holders for poker or something..

Remove ads