• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Condition Cards, Part 2

Gorok

Explorer
Weem,

Any update on whether or not you are going to update the ongoing damage card, either with a 5/10/15 value for marking with a token (preferred by me) and/or with white space for marking it with a marker?

I brought out a set of your 1st set at a recent LFR game session, and all the players oohed and aahed as I kept applying various conditions on their PC's (initially, from the "gee whiz, what a great-looking card" and then with groans as conditions kept coming... ;-) )

Thanks again!

weem

First Post
First off, I love your cards, I have them printed out and in card sleeves. Seems to work pretty well so far w/ my paragon group. Keep up the good work!

Second, since I see you are making 'other cards' I have three card requests: an action point card, a 'magic item daily use' card, and an ongoing damage card which has more white space for using a dry-erase marker on. I'd like the extra space to write how much damage their taking (and what type) and if they are taking another condition alongside the damage (save ends both).

Any thoughts on 'save ends both' conditions? I'd likely say just to use a dry erase on one of the cards or give out two cards and hope they remember that a single save ends both (they probably will since they're taking it!).

Oh yeah, do you have any idea on how to organize all these cards? Right now I'm putting them in sleeves which are color-coded by approximate type (mental, movement, and damage), which allows me to shrink it to 4 stacks of cards (those cards plus a stack of action points and 'magic item daily use' cards). But, still I wonder if there is a better way to optimize time in finding the card w/o creating too many stacks.

Also along the lines of organization, are there any sort of card containers/holders/something to keep the stacks from moving around during play, yet still be sufficient for quick access? I'm thinking something like deck holders for poker or something..

As far as organization, there are some ideas out there I am exploring - we'll see soon I hope.

And regarding requests, I am thinking I will make a new thread asking for specific card requests - so keep an eye out for that!

Weem,

Any update on whether or not you are going to update the ongoing damage card, either with a 5/10/15 value for marking with a token (preferred by me) and/or with white space for marking it with a marker?

I brought out a set of your 1st set at a recent LFR game session, and all the players oohed and aahed as I kept applying various conditions on their PC's (initially, from the "gee whiz, what a great-looking card" and then with groans as conditions kept coming... ;-) )

Thanks again!

That's awesome to hear, thanks for sharing I appreciate it!

As for the Ongoing Damage cards, that's possible (probable) though I would probably do them as their own set (of 9). As I mentioned just above, I will be starting a new thread in the near future asking for requests. I think I will hold off on this until then so I gather them all from one place only. Feel free to drop it in there (I will have a post for that up in the next day or three).

Thanks again guys, I'm glad these are getting used and enjoyed!

More stuff to come!

El Coro

First Post
First, I like your cards a lot - especially the little CA, flank, actions boxes at the top. :) Do the different colors signify anything? Blue looks like maybe it's movement, and Red is "really crappy stuff."

Just wondering!

weem

First Post
Thanks!

Yea, I just wanted to kind of categorize them by their "this sucks" factor - of course, this was done from my point of view, so you/others may disagree. Well, really the primary point was to just separate them a little more into a few different colors for ease of viewing. I could have chosen any color really, but figured I would stick to a theme of RED is bad, GREEN is 'good' etc - so basically RED for the "ouch" conditions, ORANGE for "these suck", BLUE for "it's not that bad" and GREEN for... "meh".

Those aren't official terms or anything - I wasn't literally thinking of definitions at the time - it was more of a, "let me divide these into 3-4 colors" and that's what it came out to.

Zinovia

Explorer
Revised Ongoing Damage card

Because the second hand thing wasn't doing it for me, I came up with a variation of the ongoing damage card. You can use one or more markers on the boxes to indicate the amount of ongoing damage, or make marks with a marker if the card is in a sleeve.

ongoingdamage.jpg

You can get the layout of page 2 of Weem's great cards including my revised ongoing damage card here. Thanks again for the cards Weem, I really like them.

Edit - I think in this version I turned "You can't flank" black for petrified, because whether the book says it or not, you can't flank when you're petrified.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
How are you guys printing the cards? I've seen punch out card sheets and have consider just using cardstock and cutting them, but I want something a little more polished.

Gorok

Explorer
How are you guys printing the cards? I've seen punch out card sheets and have consider just using cardstock and cutting them, but I want something a little more polished.

For me, I print it out with a nice color laser printer, then laminate the sheet, cut the cards with scissors, and use a nice paper punch-like device my wife uses for scrapbooking to round the corners.

weem

First Post
Because the second hand thing wasn't doing it for me, I came up with a variation of the ongoing damage card. You can use one or more markers on the boxes to indicate the amount of ongoing damage, or make marks with a marker if the card is in a sleeve.

ongoingdamage.jpg

You can get the layout of page 2 of Weem's great cards including my revised ongoing damage card here. Thanks again for the cards Weem, I really like them.

Excellent ;)

I'm glad you enjoy them!

Edit - I think in this version I turned "You can't flank" black for petrified, because whether the book says it or not, you can't flank when you're petrified.

Yea, I think I will be changing that as well.

For me, I print it out with a nice color laser printer, then laminate the sheet, cut the cards with scissors, and use a nice paper punch-like device my wife uses for scrapbooking to round the corners.

Oh, very nice!

Do you think, using this method, it would work well to have the "Ongoing Damage" cards provide a space/box for writing in the damage amount and type? (for example, with dry erase marker etc, on top of the laminate?).

Gorok

Explorer
Excellent ;)

Do you think, using this method, it would work well to have the "Ongoing Damage" cards provide a space/box for writing in the damage amount and type? (for example, with dry erase marker etc, on top of the laminate?).

I don't know of any ongoing damage amount different than 5, 10, or 15, so having these values in three boxes for the damage amount make sense to me (although a future/homebrew monster might deliver different amount of ongoing than the current values, so having a fourth box where the amount could be written as an option would make sense for the future).

Having another field where the damage type could be written as an option would work with my laminated cards.

Remove ads