• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confessions you don't want making it to the new server!

fusangite

First Post
I thought the "keep" in Keep on the Borderlands was a verb. I always assumed that the higher-level modules were for when you left the borderlands and met the really scary stuff. In addition to committing almost all of the immature monty haul offences already described earlier in the thread involving gods, magic items and other icky stuff, I once, as a kid designed a procedure for characters creating planes of existence and then ruling them. I guess it's no surprise I'm not doing my MA on Mormonism.

When I was 11, I published my homage to the Isle of Dread in my school newspaper. It was edited for length my the teacher running the paper and many of the apparently meaningless series of random letters and numbers in parentheses were removed or edited-down so that it would be a better read.

I guess my most embarassing confession is that, to this day, when I suffer from insomnia, I lie in bed and create characters until I fall asleep and then throw out their sheets (yes -- I mean the sheets on which the characters are described; I'm not that weird) in the morning.

Aw hell, I just thought of another one.

In 7th grade I had to do a presentation for my English class, in which we taught the class how to do something. I taught them how to create a character for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. I borrowed all my friends Players Handbooks and passed them out during class while I did my presentation. The teacher gave me an A-, saying I obviously know what I was talking about, but she didn't understand a word of it.

ssampier

First Post
BiggusGeekus said:
And, finally, I post naked.

INCONCEIVABLE.

yes, that's my second confession, I still love the Princess Bride. Yes, I'm also the one making Monty Python cracks, too (only story appropriate ones--like when the king leaves a room...).

fusangite said:
I thought the "keep" in Keep on the Borderlands was a verb. I always assumed that the higher-level modules were for when you left the borderlands and met the really scary stuff.

I still have trouble with that, everytime I read that title, I think,"Why must we stay on the borderlands?"

Turanil

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
My brother and I used to take turns running combats between our characters and the gods, fudging rolls when we needed to so we would win. That way, we would have the most powerful characters of all our friends, and could say "He was the DM" and we would back each other up.
This is really the worst confession I have read in this thread.

But I must admit I did the same with my brother, otherwise my 1e Arcana Cavalier would never have got so many levels so quickly, and 3 artifacts (including the "King of Shortswords")... :heh:

Torm

Explorer
HEY!!! FIRST POST ON THE NEW SERVER, EVERYBODY! WOO HOO!

(Sorry, couldn't resist - never got a chance to do that before. Oh, and Piratecat doesn't count - he could cheat. :p )

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads