• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Confuzzled about Wizard's spells/spell progression

DaveyB

First Post
Okay, maybe I'm just a nitwit, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how the Wizard's spells/spell progression works. I've read and re-read it again, but it's still not clicking. There's obviously no more spell progression like the older edition. Now you get your 2 at-wills, 1 or 2 dailies, and x amount of encounters.

Does this go by the chart at the beginning of the PHB? Also, when gaining a level, say from 1 to two, it says something to the effect that you can pick two new daily powers. Now are those in addition to the ones you took at first, or do they replace the ones you had inscribed before into your spellbook? Again, I'm paraphrasing from memory, so if anyone would care to enlighten me, please do. Thanks in advance! :D

NMcCoy

Explorer
Wizards use the same power progression as all other classes, except that when they gain a Daily or Utility power they pick two instead, and each day prepare one from each set of two. If they have the Expanded Spellbook feat, substitute "three" for "two" in the above sentence.

Yes they use the same progression as everyone else. They get to pick two dailies or utilities whenever anyone else gets to pick one. When other people replace one spell, they replace the "packet" of spells for that level.

DaveyB

First Post
Okay, makes sense now. That's kind of how I imagined it worked, but wasn't sure I was exactly correct. Thanks again!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads