• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conjuration and blocking squares

komi

First Post
Conjuration effects (at least from powers) create an entity that fills a square. Allies can pass through, but enemies cannot. Also conjurations can't be attacked or physically affected.

So does this mean that something like the level 1 cleric daily power Guardian of Faith (creates a conjuration that attacks adjacent enemies) is the perfect block to prevent creatures from passing through a door or whatever? This seems unintended and too powerful. Short of teleportation, I don't see how you can get through. If the bad guys can't do this or don't have good ranged attacks, then this could be amazingly effective.

But then its just a stale mate. The cleric cant run away because then the conjuration would disappear, and if the monsters aer half way competently they would just stay out range of the conjuration, and out of the LOS from the room the adventurers went into. Eventually one of 3 things is going to happen: 1) The rest of the party leaves the room through the conjuration to finish the fight leaving the cleric stuck in a room doing nothing, or 2) the party leaves the cleric to continue blocking the door all by himself, or 3) they all leave, the conjuration disapears, and the enemies follow.

komi

First Post
Well, maybe it's not game-shakingly broken, but it does seem unintended. I could see myself picking up that power for it's blocking ability rather than what it's intended for. That seemed odd to me.

Remove ads