• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Consalidating more D&D flavor into ELRIC/DLOM/Stormbringer

thosfsull

First Post
For those familair with Elric/DLOM, etc... how would you bring it closer in line to D&D now if you ran a campaign or played in one. I am looking for options, and I figured to pick the great minds on this board.

I have DLOM and it is just a cut and paste of ELric/Stormbringer rules into D&D (d20). What ideas/mechanics would you bring in from any WOTC products or third party publishers? Could you see Tome of Magic being imported in to act as an auxillary for the summoning stuff?

Turanil

First Post
Magic of Incarnum: would be for Law-aligned magic-users. The fluff-trick being that they don't use souls but "virtues" (see the Elric rpg to see what I mean*) to power their supernatural abilities.

(*: Well, in the Elric RPG, only those affiliated with the Chaos can use magic, which solely consists in summoning demons. Then, those affiliated with Law could somehow infuse items with "Virtues", to give them magical properties. The "Virtues" concept wasn't clearly explained fluff-wise, but it looked like the Lords of Law gave an item some additional and supernatural physical law that would improve its effectiveness. In any case, I think the idea would fit very well with Magic of Incarnum. Just tell Incarnum doesn't rely on "souls" but on "virtues"; yet game mechanics remain the same.)

Last edited:

chakken98

First Post
I for one have already incorperated the Elric, Corum, and Hawkmoon idea's into my game. Although my players have yet to realize this, the spell casters are somewhat tied to the Lords of Chaos, and after X spells I tend to have them roll a Will or Fort save to resist the effects the Chaos lords might have on them (I.E gain a chaos virtue or ability both good and bad). For the Divine caster, I have them somewhat tied to the Lords of Law and grant them additional bonus in some cases. Sadly at the moment I don't have the full write up with me as some of you might wonder how this works. But both Chaos and Law have an upside and downside. I also created Corums world and most of Elric's (but i need to do a huge overhall on Elric as I changed some of the things in that world).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads