• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Consequences of players dealing with night hag?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I have to give it some thought to come up with good suggestions, but I had to say:

Man this sounds like a great campaign to be in!

Quickleaf

Legend
IMC the PCs are about to have a semi-real vision of the Sewn Sisters. The PCs will be split up and have to endure 3 trials (this was all lifted from the ToA Companion). I love the names of all 3 hags and might name drop them just to have some fun. The trials will have semi-real consequences too. In one, Baggy Nanna has the chance to rip off a PCs hand and a skeletal hand will replace it in the vision, but when they meet her in real life later on, she can control the hand like some Evil Dead 2 shenanigans.

Nice, yeah Sean McGovern's ToA Companion is a great resource.

I played up Widow Groat actually being a widow... One of the PCs aske/d, "So you're a widow? What befell your husbands? So that our goblin friend can avoid the same fate."

And Widow Groat gestured to 3 shrunken heads hanging from the rafters, "Ah yes, my first husband was Alim Baybars, a necromancer and corsair of Zakhara. We had a daughter together – Melisende. He didn't appreciate my interference in his affairs, thinking his knowledge of magic eclipsed my own, and eventually our differences became irreconcilable. Melisende killed him and was kind enough to deliver his head as a gift…"

"…And then there was G'atsha Natombe – yes like your companion* – a Spiritlord of his people. He was offered to me as a sacrificial husband, a lovely custom of his people that sadly no longer is practiced. Unfortunately, G'atsha didn't wish to have children, and our conjugal differences led to his death…"

* This is a reference to one of the PCs belonging to the Natombe tribe.

"…And last was Na N’buso the Great King, whose statue you may have seen in Port Nyanzaru's harbor. Growing consumed with guilt for not being able to stem the conflict between the Chultans and the Eshowe tribe, he began to ask questions. Of course, I have my secrets. He overextended himself, and tragically died in the fighting with the Eshowe." (sarcasm on "tragically")

I have to give it some thought to come up with good suggestions, but I had to say:

Man this sounds like a great campaign to be in!

Thanks Blue! I think everyone's enjoying it. Honestly, like with most campaigns, the hardest part has been scheduling. I really like to craft stories relevant to individual PCs...but it's a lot trickier when the player roster changes week to week. Still, we're making the best of it. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads