• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward Part 3

Scotley

Hero
The goblins appear quite shocked and one turns with a murderous look in his eye. Unfortunately, he turns too quickly and stumbles drunkenly down the rubble ramp before pitching up in a heap. The others look like they want to flee, but there is no exit, but the one filled with Constables. A tubby fellow, perhaps the leader, with a thick course black beard that curves upward at the tip steps forward, hiccups, salutes and then says, "We surrender Constable sir, we do um submit to your forceful authorized duly ceased and desisting sir, um, for detaining you from necessity sir." A couple of the others clap at his words and drink up taking this as a toast of some sort.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Dang, Scotty! That post was worth an xp if I ever saw a good post! Unfortunately, I am presently unable to contribute to your xp stash. I mean, "...submit to your forceful authorized duly ceased and desisting sir, um, for detaining you from necessity sir." LMAO!!!

Scotley

Hero
OOC: :blush: Perhaps part of the credit for inspiration on this one goes to a tee shirt slogan I saw in NO. "Officer, I swear to drunk I'm not god!"

Fenris

Adventurer
"Great the only thing worse than goblins is drunk goblins." mutters Braz as he marches forward.

"Alright you drunken maggots, get down here and lay on the ground, or fall down, as you are able." orders Braz with added emphasis of a crossbow bolt.

Scotley

Hero
As you set about rounding up the drunken goblin miscreants you feel a rumble at your feet. The ground erupts behind won of the drunken goblins and a terrible form rises up and rips the besotted goblin in twain with a shower of blood and entrails. The horrible foe is half again the height of a man with dark sword-like claws on hands as well as beastly feet and long horns that reach out beyond the toothy snout. The thing is vaguely humanoid with massive musculature that bespeaks enormous strength as evidenced by the careless ease with which the goblin was dispatched. "You have fouled my lair with seeping beer and piss long enough. I shall clean it with your blood," it announces in the dark tongue of the world below. The nightmarish hellspawn lets out a shriek of anger that leaves your ears ringing. (DC 15 Fort save or be deafened for 2d4 rounds.) This results in echoing screams of shear terror from the remaining goblins who promptly add more urine to the floor.

OOC: Roll initiative and act if you beat a 15. I'll have a map out tomorrow. Feel free to place yourself 10' to 50' from the enemy in an 80'x80' room.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: It looks something like this.

Attachments

• 300px-The_Deathclaw.png
    300px-The_Deathclaw.png
    41 KB · Views: 59

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Guys? I am INNOCENT in all of this! :-S Really and for true, I am! Ranger's Honor!

But, heh, I have to admit, Scotty, that it is awfully danged cool! :D Thanks for working my 'pet' in so quickly.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter shakes his head frantically to clear the ringing in his ears, and responds in true Gol-Kaa fashion to the challenge issued by the monstrosity. He belts forth a feral roar as his flesh ripples and his bones creak. The hulking barbarian grows to a size and bulk roughly matching that of their attacker and steps up, swinging his massive axe in two powerful blows.

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]
Fortitude Save: 1d20+9=27
Initiative: 1d20+2=17

Free Action: Mountain Rage
Standard Action: Power Attack (forgot to include mods in the IC rolls, but the below numbers have been adjusted to include them).

To Hit: 1d20+10=26
Damage: 3d6+23+1d6 (Cold)=32
To Hit: 1d20+05=10
Damage: 3d6+23+1d6 (Cold)=35
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 76/76     AC: 15   AC(T): 12   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +02    ST(F): +9   ST(R): +3    ST(W): +2

BAB: 06/01       Grapple: 19

Weapon                         Attack    Damage               Critical
Great Axe +2 (Lg)              +15/+10   3d6+13 (+1d6 Cold)      20/x3
Longbow (Mty (20) Cmpst, Lg)   +10/+05   2d6+08                  20/x3
Throwing Axe (Lg)              +09/+04   1d8+08                  20/x2
Truncheon (Lg)                 +14/+09   1d6+09                  20/x2
Empty Hand                     +13/+08   1d3+08                  20/x2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ederaul Mamier HP 41/41 DR 2/- AC 20/16/20 ST (F+6/R+8/W+7 Special)

Raul had stopped and stared at the drunk goblins. His first impulse had been to simply demand payment, but Brae's arrest orders had ended that bit of fun.

When the floor erupted, Raul gasped at the brutal power of the monstrosity. The shriek leaves his ears ringing. Raul thinks to himself, I can't hear a thing, so if they want to retreat, they'll have to grab me. Raul is ready to charge in and attack.

OOC: Fort Save (DC 15): 11; init 12; Place Raul up front, 10 ft from the thing; Raul will be fighting using Combat Expertise at -1 to hit; +1 to AC for his DR 2/-

Remove ads