Constables of the 14th Ward

pathfinderq1

First Post
Leif said:
"Hey, Sugar!" Wally says to Thea with a bawdy, almost lewd, wink, "Where have you been hiding? I didn't notice you around at bedtime last night, and believe me I looked. Oh! I looked!"

Thea even managed a credible imitation of an orcish chuckle. "I hope you're better at guiding than you are at looking." From the tone of her voice, she was hardly being serious- they needed Wally's help, and despite his (many) faults, he had been quite an asset so far...

pathfinderq1

First Post
Leif said:
Motioning for the constables to follow him, Wally starts to head back out of the door of the control room to make his winding way back out to the corridor with the big doors.

"Come on, then, let's get this show on the road!"

Thea took her place in the group's marching order, ready to head out...

OOC: Onwards!

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus, Constables for the Lovelorn

pathfinderq1 said:
Thea even managed a credible imitation of an orcish chuckle. "I hope you're better at guiding than you are at looking." From the tone of her voice, she was hardly being serious- they needed Wally's help, and despite his (many) faults, he had been quite an asset so far...
"C'Mon, admit it, ol' Wally's beginnin' ta get to ya, huh?" Wally says with another bawdy wink.
"It's ok to admit it: Little Miss Goody-Good Constable's got a bit of a bad side, doesn't she?? I won't tell..... Probably." Then Wally straightens up, clears his throat, and says, "But that's just gonna have to wait baby, I gots a job to do now."

Last edited:

xedr

First Post
Darius pauses to chain the wheel back in place and lock it. [highlight]"I'd hate to be trapped on the other side."[/highlight] Darius is then one of the first back across the hole to stand watch in the corridor while every body else works their way across.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Shoot!! I told you they'd remember that!

IC: Everyone makes it back to the now open Large Door with only minor difficulty. Here we go, then!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The Constables and their guide manage to assemble into the standard marching order. Rahvin puts on a brave face, but he looks pale and those of you who slept closest to him know that he had a rough night of gastric distress.

The door leads to a short entry hall 20' wide. The dust on the floor swirls about your feet as you enter. The frescoes on the walls are largely obscured by the dust and cobwebs of the ages, but seem to depict scenes of harvest and nature's bounty. The tunnel opens up into a much larger area with a soaring vaulted ceiling. The room has large wreath shaped chandeliers hanging high above the floor. They are currently dark. The room seems to be filled with small pools perhaps 10' in diameter and sloping from 2' deep at the edges to 4' in the center, columns covered in sculpted ivy and low couches or divans now long rotted and mostly collapsed. There is no water in most of the pools though a few have puddles of brackish water in the bottom. A central alter is lit from above by stained glass of the sun, clouds and sky. You are too far underground for the light to be natural. The glow must be some sort of divine magic above the panes of glass. The glass is darkened by dust and cobwebs so the room recieves only dim illumination in the center with the rest being dark, except where your own light sources fall. It seems most things of value have been long since removed in haste. The alter set has been taken and it you see places where it appears that statuary or art has been removed. There are some exits across the room perhaps a 100' away. One corner of the room has caved in and is filled with rubble.

OOC: Actions?

xedr

First Post
Watching carefully for droppings, tracks, or other signs of predators, Darius signals an advance into the room. [highlight]"Let's steer clear of the empty pools"[/highlight] he murmurs to his companions.

Lou

Explorer
Raul at the back

Raul careful watches behind the group as they leave the hallway, looking both ways one last time, and enter the room. As the party moves across the room, Raul glances around and behind from time to time.

Remove ads