Constables of the 14th Ward

xedr

First Post
Darius stares out into the dark cavernous space. [highlight]"Are we still under the city? I never suspected all this was down here. I wonder if our halfling simply got lost down here."[/highlight]

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Good Point, Darius

Well, since your odometers appear to be on the fritz, all you're sure of is that it sure FEELS like you've traveled well beyond the city boundaries. In LINEAR distance, that is. But you have traveled in various directions, too, so what your total displacement is in any given direction is impossible for you to determine without some frame of reference. Clear as mud? Perfect!

Fenris

Adventurer
"Alright, no sense in wasting time, up boy!" calls Jonas to Bruno and the Jonas leads Bruno down the stairs sniffing as he goes.

Leif

Adventurer
Fenris said:
"Alright, no sense in wasting time, up boy!" calls the Jonas to Bruno. ( ;) )

Bruno stetches luxuriantly, shakes his head vigorously for a few seconds, and dutifully follows the Jonas down the steps, also sniffing.

OOC: I have finally, and at long last, located all of the enWorld threads in which I am involved, and I now have them saved to IE favorites. So, now, I guess it's about time for them to get the "my subscribed threads" function working again.

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Wally sniffs and shakes his head. "There is a nasty little Gnome around here we don't want to meet. He's always playing his tricks on travelers. We have a tight passage to squeeze through and then we'll be sneaking past the giant's lair." He sets off to the right. After a few natural caverns and some twists and turns it narrows into a single passage that just keeps getting shorter and shorter. Soon Soulfetter has to stoop and then as the others begin to duck he is forced to hands and knees. The passage remains about 15' wide, but very low, perhaps 4' feet and getting shorter. The passage is sloping slightly downward. Eventually it gets to a point where everyone has to crawl and poor Soulfetter is having to remove bulking items and slide on his back pulling himself along. After about 10' of this unpleasantness you hit water. The condensation in the caves has allowed about three inches of water to pool here. While not enough water to cause harm it is cold and you will all have to crawl though it getting soaked. Wally assures you that the passage will start to get bigger just beyond the water. Wally pauses at the edge of the water to scoop up some in his hands and drink it. "Ah, for some reason this is sweetest pool down here." He refills his water skin and seems to be taking childlike glee in drinking the water. "I'd bottle this stuff and sell it, but nobody buys water." Bruno also seems eager for a taste.

OOC: Any special actions or precautions before you continue? Changes to weapons or light sources perhaps? Anybody thirsty?

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion of Tovarre

Alarion slings his shield over his back, and sheathes his sword, unwieldy in such close quarters. He readies his dagger, sniffs at the water, and then takes a small sip.

Lou

Explorer
Raul at the back

As the party moves into tight quarters, Raul resumes his place at the very back of the group. His ability to fight from the ground might come in handy in situations like these. Raul moves carefully through the short passges, avoiding being kicked in the head by Soulfetter. As the group stops in the water, Raul decides to taste this "delightful" water.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Marching Order

Sorry I forgot to say so sooner, but I was figuring that you resumed your normal marching order very soon after spying that "shadowy thing" back there, since it was more or less my fault that you deviated from it, anyway.

Fenris

Adventurer
With Bruno eager, Jonas lets him have a drink, and pauses himself to refresh himself.

"So was that shadow we saw back there the gnome?" Jonas asks Wally

Remove ads