Constables of the 14th Ward

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

Did she not run down the street during the fire, claiming orcs had attacked her house? Alarion narrows his gray eyes as he studies the halfling woman, and waits expectantly for her answers to Darius's inquiries.

J. Alexander

First Post
Andrew Dresden

As the other constables are inquiring of Ms Lyman, Andrew will look around the perimeter of the house to see if there are any sewer portals close by slowly extending his search in a spiral pattern till he locates the closet sewer manhole covers.

Leif

Adventurer
Flora Lyman

xedr said:
[highlight]"Great pastries Ms. Lyman!"[/highlight] says Darius. [highlight]"How long have you and Mr. Lyman been married? Have there been any fights lately? Do you have any children? Does Mr. Lyman have any friends he might confide in? Where can we find them? Did your neighbors see anything? Who can we talk to?"[/highlight] Moru places his hand on Darius's shoulder as if to calm him down. Darius shuts up and waits expectantly, munching with delight on a fluffy buttered crumpet with cinnamon and currants. [sblock=OOC]Diplomacy check (1d20+2=14)[/sblock]

"Oh, please, sir, call me Flora. Let's see, I married Krado 37 years ago. No, sadly, we are unable to have children. I've asked the neighbors for help, but none of them saw anything." She pats Darius on the belly, "My, you have a hearty appetite! Do my currants agree with you?" The pastries, incidentally, are truly wonderful, with just a hint of spiciness.

Leif

Adventurer
Helfdan said:
Alarion

Did she not run down the street during the fire, claiming orcs had attacked her house? Alarion narrows his gray eyes as he studies the halfling woman, and waits expectantly for her answers to Darius's inquiries.

"Oh, pshaw! We had the fire out in no time at all! The biggest loss was my velvet draperies, and they were getting old, anyway," says Flora Lyman.

Leif

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
As the other constables are inquiring of Ms Lyman, Andrew will look around the perimeter of the house to see if there are any sewer portals close by slowly extending his search in a spiral pattern till he locates the closet sewer manhole covers.

The nearest manhole is near the corner, about forty yards from the Lyman house. There is a storm drain a bit closer, but it seems to empty into a nearby vacant lot.

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

[sblock=OOC]
Hmmmm Note to self: Leif has problems with my italics.... will start labeling inner dialogue... :D :D (seriously, I wouldnt have referred to her in third person like that. But no worries, It still works) :)
[/sblock]

"You mean to say you did not see your husband's attackers, goodwife Lyman? Are you sure?" The knight takes another pastry. "By my Troth, but these are delicious!" Alarion decides it is best not to confront her with Angus's report just yet.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Helfdan said:
Alarion

[sblock=OOC]
Hmmmm Note to self: Leif has problems with my italics.... will start labeling inner dialogue... :D :D (seriously, I wouldnt have referred to her in third person like that. But no worries, It still works) :)
[/sblock]

"You mean to say you did not see your husband's attackers, goodwife Lyman? Are you sure?" The knight takes another pastry. "By my Troth, but these are delicious!" Alarion decides it is best not to confront her with Angus's report just yet.

"Well, when I first came out of my bedroom, after Krado had already confronted the intruder, I did see one orc-looking fellow, but I ran out into the street as fast as I could! In my slippers, no less!" says Flora Lyman.

[sblock=oops!] Sorry about that, I wasn't paying enough attention, I guess. I would assure you that it won't happen again, but you wouldn't believe me anyway, would you? hehe Not to worry, she just thought that you were addressing Darius, as did I. ;) [/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

Leif said:
"Well, when I first came out of my bedroom, after Krado had already confronted the intruder, I did see one orc-looking fellow, but I ran out into the street as fast as I could! In my slippers, no less!" says Flora Lyman.
[/sblock]

The knight finishes his pastry thoughtfully, then looks the halfling goodwife in the eye. "Mistress Lyman, a few minutes ago you stated that your husband never came home from work that night. Now you tell me you saw him fighting an orcish foe. Forgive me, but did I misunderstand something?"

Leif

Adventurer
Helfdan said:
Alarion

The knight finishes his pastry thoughtfully, then looks the halfling goodwife in the eye. "Mistress Lyman, a few minutes ago you stated that your husband never came home from work that night. Now you tell me you saw him fighting an orcish foe. Forgive me, but did I misunderstand something?"

Flora Lyman wrings her handkerchief for a moment, squeezing copious amounts of her fresh, warm tears into her lap, her lower lip quivering uncontrollably. "Ohhh, Horsefeathers! Well, it's no wonder, you gentlemen have got me so confused that I don't know whether I'm coming or going! Krado did come home, but it was so much later than he usually arrives that I had already given up on him and gone to bed! So, what I meant was that while I was waiting for him he never arrived. But, in the night, I was awakened by a very loud noise in the house. I was terrified! Krado went to investigate, but I was so sleepy that I don't remember even feeling surprised to see that he had come home sometime after I went to bed! It was after he went to investigate that I heard the noise of a struggle and the growls and grunts of some creature, and then I ran out of the house in a panic! Anyway, why do you Constables insist upon tomenting a poor old woman instead of looking for my Krado??! You insist on remaining in the ONE house in Lauralie Summerhome where I am absolutely sure that Krado is not to be found! You certainly gave me the impression that you were a group of investigators of some ability, but I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate any prowess!"

Helfdan

First Post
Alarion

The knight looks somewhat embarrassed when she begins to cry, but somehow her explanation for the two different stories does not sound convincing.

[sblock=Sense Motive]

Using just normal human intuition: 1d20=15

[/sblock]

Remove ads