Constables of the 14th Ward

Lou

Explorer
Raul round 3

Our efforts are not phasing the swarm,” thinks Raul. “How can an untrained woman and a child survive their attack? With the muscle keeping the rats at bay, we need to herd the swarm away from civilians. The stirges are going down easily. I hope no one succumbs to one of them.

Soulfetter! Clear the woman and child from the swarm’s advance!” yells Raul.

Raul moves into the back of the swarm with two more sweeping martial arts attacks.

[sblock]
First unarmed ki attack: 1d20+5 -> [6,5] = (11) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141238
I think that’s a miss.
Second unarmed ki attack: 1d20+5 -> [13,5] = (18) http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1141241
Damage: 1d8 -> [4] = (4) to the swarm. Raul’s ki strikes are treated as magical attacks.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
SoulFetter

SoulFetter looks around quickly, taking in the situation.

Gotta get these civies out of here! I hope they don't give me too much trouble.

"Hold on, Mary! Be calm, child! I'm coming to get you out of here!"

The mountain bred warrior begins a run toward mother and child. He makes a backhanded swipe at the swarm as he passes, slapping a handful of the rodents into the alley wall before dropping the oversized truncheon. As he takes his first few steps, his skin ripples, his stride lengthens . . . his massive frame bulges and becomes truly gigantic. Now nine and a half feet tall and weighing nearly 800 pounds, he swoops in and catches child under one gargantuan arm and mother under the other. Never slowing, he moves swiftly down the road and places the innocents in a convenient second story balcony before spinning to head back into the fray.

[sblock]AoO: To Hit and Damage (1d20+9=26, 1d6+6=9), then Mountain Rage - Size Large; STR 26/CON 21 (306 lbs now considered a light load); Threatened Space/Reach now 10'; -3 AC; -1 TH. Takes no time to enter rage. Move is 40' - SoulFetter will move to the limit of his NC Movement with the civilians before placing them on the balcony. I figure 9 1/2 feet tall plus his newly extended arm length and strength should give him plenty of reach and power to get them up to the balcony and out of harms way.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
SoulFetter

When you approach the woman and child, you remember seeing them together in the 14th before. They are part of the family of a baker who is always donating cookies and breads to the constables, especially the Special Squad. You think you remember that the woman's name is Mary, but you forget the baby's name.

Scotley

Hero
Mowgli said:
SoulFetter looks around quickly, taking in the situation.

Gotta get these civies out of here! I hope they don't give me too much trouble.

The mountain bred warrior drops his truncheon and begins a run toward mother and child. As he takes his first few steps, his skin ripples, his stride lengthens . . . his massive frame bulges and becomes truly gigantic. Now nine and a half feet tall and weighing nearly 800 pounds, he swoops in and catches child under one gargantuan arm and mother under the other. Never slowing, he moves swiftly down the road and places the innocents in a convenient second story balcony before spinning to head back into the fray.

[sblock]Mountain Rage - STR 26/CON 21 (306 lbs now considered a light load); Space/Reach now 10', -3 AC, -1 TH. Takes no time to enter rage. Move is 40' - SoulFetter will move to the limit of his NC Movement with the civilians before placing them on the balcony. I figure 9 1/2 feet tall plus his newly extended arm length and strength should give him plenty of reach and power to get them out of harms way.[/sblock]

You're going to get an attack of opportunity vs. the swarm, so roll it before you move into action.

Scotley

Hero
Mowgli said:
OOC: I'll modify my previous post right after supper!

OOC: Tsk tsk, you've got to get your priorities straight. Don't take time out to stuff your face when you could be gaming! Or has playing such a huge character increased your appetite. :lol:

Seriously, no rush. We're still waiting on a post or two and though Leif and I are on it. I don't think we'll be able to get a round up tonight.

Scotley

Hero
Maeglin said:
BTW cursing in Ralishaz’s name is okay, no? Can Rahvin mention the deities listed in the Book of the Righteous? I sort of picture him paying lip service to a lot of gods, but not being very devout, except where Barcarus and Meda are concerned…

OUCH! :eek: [/sblock]

OOC: I knew that name was familiar! Book of the Righteous is a great book that has been collecting dust on my shelf for too long. Cursing in his name is fine by me. Please note that Leif and I got our DM'ing chops back in the 1st and even pre-first edition days when just mentioning the name of a dark power could inspire the DM to roll a percentile die to see if the being in question noticed and desided to respond personally by making an appearance if double zeros came up. check (1d100=95) Heehee, is that close enough to make you nervous? :]

Remove ads