• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Contest, ENPub] Elements of Magic review contest - now over

Update - April 29, 2004: The contest is now over. We have five reviews. Read them here.

I would almost feel self-conscious posting this, because the reviews are generally very positive, but I really do feel proud about publishing this book. I hope you all enjoy it.

Here's the original announcement for the contest:
E.N. Publishing will soon be releasing Elements of Magic - Revised Edition, a sequel/update of the original Elements of Magic. As always, I want to encourage people to review it when it comes out, and I'm looking for just a smidgen extra bit of material to go into Part II of the revision, called Lyceian Arcana (due out a month or so later). So I'm making an offer to the first five people who post a review for the revised edition:

If you are one of the first five people to post a review of Elements of Magic - Revised Edition, you get to contribute something to Lyceian Arcana, which will go into the final product, and teased at on the E.N. Publishing site. You'll also, of course, get a free copy of Lyceian Arcana when it goes on sale in late May/early June.

See, EOM is the core ruleset, which provides a lot of flexibility for players and DMs to make spells and magic work the way they want for their characters or game worlds. We have a lot of examples of ways to use the rules to create different flavors for magic, but unfortunately we couldn't fit them all into one book, or else EOM would be, like 200 pages. So, Lyceian Arcana (LA) presents a grand array of flavorful uses of the EOM ruleset. It's presented like a magical academy's course catalogue, detailing (at current count) 22 different magical traditions. Most of these traditions are inspired by classics of fantasy literature, or games I've played in, or storyhours I've read on these boards.

Now, where I want to let you guys shine is in presenting magical traditions from your home settings, or based around spellcaster characters you've played that you thought were very cool. If you post one of the first 5 reviews, you automatically get a free copy of LA, and you can do as little or as much work as you want in fleshing out the magical tradition.

I hope you're interested. Heck, even if you don't want to donate a magical idea to Lyceian Arcana, you get a free book (and if you really don't like EOM, I'll send you any E.N.Publishing book you want). If you have any questions, please ask. If you want to see a teaser of the rules, follow the link in my sig to the E.N. Publishing site and download a .doc file on the right column.

Elements of Magic - Revised Edition will be on sale either this Friday or next Monday.

attachment.php

______

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Hey RangerWickett.

If you want me to look over your product, searching for balance issues, I'd need an e-mail address where I can contact you (EN World doesn't let you see it). :)

Bye
Thanee

Verequus

First Post
I've discovered, that the sale text is still from the first version of EoM. I'll mark the outdated facts with bold.

"Instead of learning a fireball spell, for example, a mage could learn the Evoke Area Fire spell list, which is very flexible as to its usage and appearance. Nor is the mage limited to fire evocations – with 20 elements to choose from, she could learn Evoke Area Ice or Lightning, or an even more exotic spell list, such as Imbue Creature with Lava or Shadow. It would take thousands of standard spells to duplicate the effects of the spell lists in this 100 page book."

I simply doubt that EoM has only 100 pages, but I can be wrong at this. And a review - man, I have some ideas already...:D

Gez

First Post
Yeah, it's kinda surprising Cyberzombie's name isn't on the cover.

Edit: Just read on another thread that it's merely inspired by the original EoM; and otherwise wholly new.

So, why the confusing title? EoM 2 or something like that, rather than EoM Revised. Revised kinda implies there were only a few changes, not that it was started back from scratch.

And why the freaky boobies? I don't object to the presence of boobies, but to the fact that they're freaky.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Gez said:
Yeah, it's kinda surprising Cyberzombie's name isn't on the cover.
Cyberzombie wasn't involved in this book - it's an entirely new 100 page book. He is credited as inspiration in the credits.

Remove ads