• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conversion Library ~ a rant

Information

First Post
I must say I'm upset, although not for exactly the same reasons most might be.

Two of my conversions were stolen, word for word, by Dioman and the Netbook of Classes, so I exerted extra energies in ensuring that any additional flavor text and the like would be inviolate, namely, copyrighted.

Then, I spend the better part of a year converting a 50-page 1st Edition supplement into a 10-page conversion document, only to have my requests for posting utterly ignored and subsequent e-mails not even returned. This was nearly a month ago.

And now, there isn't even a Conversion Library.

Well, I'm through with it. I don't want it resurrected. As I stated in another posting: Good Riddance.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Information, my friend, how long ago was it that you sent notice?

30 days? 3 weeks? 2 weeks? It can take time to process requests like that, especially if the conversions were not high on the priority list at the time.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I myself see quite a lot of use of the conversion doc's all the time. There are plans to resurrect a ESD-Policy-Compliant version of the doc's, so please be patient.

And if I may ask, why are you so upset about the Conversion Library? Just because your conversion wasn't posted? If you put such loving care into a Conversion of a 1E product, I would think you would be with us in wanting to re-release the Conversion Library for the use of all D&D fans. If you loved "old-school" D&D releases as much as you apparently do, I would have thought that making these adventures playable for newer players who have never experienced some of these old classics, and don't have the knowledge or experience to convert them.

Information

First Post
Well, Henry, I just suppose I'm a little bitter about WOTC's decision. Maybe my frustration is misdirected, but I hoped that the constant hassle (for the contributors AND Eric/Morrus) would ultimately have been worth it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Information said:

Then, I spend the better part of a year converting a 50-page 1st Edition supplement into a 10-page conversion document, only to have my requests for posting utterly ignored and subsequent e-mails not even returned. This was nearly a month ago.

Your emails aren't in my inbox, or my deleted items folder, so I haven't received them. I did have a period of email trouble a few weeks back, though.

He's not the only one

My second set of ToEE conversions got lost in the ether too.

I'll rework my stuff to conform to the new license before resubmitting, though.

jester47

First Post
I know when I reworked my Bone Golem conversion (hrm skeletal golem now I guess) it was very difficult to get a hold of Morrus. I nearly threw a fit and eventually word did get to morrus about the situation. He explained to me what was going on and that once it all got sorted out it he would take care of it. He mentioned some legal issues with the library and I figured that it had to do with the print release of the CC. (it was at that time) I think he was also having email trouble if I recall.

Don't loose heart, things are not as bad as they seem! I encourage you to try again.

Aaron.

Remove ads