Conversion Library broken

azhrei_fje

First Post
Seeming error in the database:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
This happened each time after multiple "refresh" attempts. I'm guessing the latest board conversion didn't get everything. :)

Studio69

Banned
Banned
It has been down for a very long time. My guess is that the chances are slim that it'll go back up with the new server.

Herzog

Adventurer
We can rebuild it! We have the technology? Ehm. Do we?

With (to my knowledge) the new server up, and no change to the conversion librarie's state, I think it is safe to say it is lost.

Any chance to rebuild it?
I'm sure the library reference can be made to point to a new location, and the previous contents were submitted by EnWorld members, weren't they?
And if they no longer have the original material, people that downloaded it should have it somewhere?

I think rebuilding is far more likely to result in a working conversion library than waiting for the unlikely recovery of data.

Unless anyone has a better idea?

Herzog

ps: this is a very selfish request for a working conversion library, as it provided a much appreciated source of conversion material for adventures from previous editions for my campaigns. Also, without the library I am hesitant to convert anything myself, feeling like I'm duplicating someone else's work.
Also, should the adventures I like to run not be converted yet, I would like other people to benefit from my own conversions.

aboyd

Explorer
I agree. Can we just get members who have downloaded the conversions to start replying to this topic with attachments? Let's get everything re-uploaded.

Herzog

Adventurer
I know there were restrictions on the format of the conversions.
Anyone know where they are? (for when I start new conversions)

Also, they could provide 'telltale signs' that a particular conversion I have has indeed originated here. (I'm a bit hesitant to put up those that didn't originate here, for fear of violating abovementioned restrictions)

Remove ads