• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting 3rd Party Spellcasters using Elements of Magic

d'Anconia

Explorer
I really think the the concept of this book is neat, and am considering buying it. I was wondering, though, if there are guidelines in the book for converting 3rd party spellcasting classes, ie any of the various witches, shamans, etc, to the system presented in Elements of Magic? Thanks for the help.

La Bete

First Post
yes and no - there are some guidelines, sort of. Essentially, thereis a chart 'spellcasting level' which dictates magic points/highest spell level/number of spell lists etc. This corresponds directly with caster level in the standard magic system.

Other aspects - dependent on the spell selection, you may limit the select of spell lists for the character. EoM contains 4 types of mages (WHite/Black/Red/Grey) which cover most of teh bases, plus conversions of the Bard/Ranger/Paladin - from these, its reasonably straightforward - I'm going to have a bash at the mongoose shaman myself.

hope this helps:D

edit - from RWs post... an expansion? droooool.

Last edited:

No, there are no conversions in the book for 3rd party spellcasters. The book is only about 100 pages long, so we couldn't fit in all the stuff we would have liked to. Now that we know the response to the book has been so high, though, we're definitely going to put a ton of extra material in the expansion.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I don't own the book, so take this with a grain of salt, but after asking some of my friends back in America (thank you instant messaging) I found one that did download the book. The answer I got when I asked them your question was thus:

The book does mention a few other sources, but these are all Natural 20 Press products (naturally). There are no guidelines per se for converting 3rd party spellcasting classes, but it shouldn't be too terribly hard to do so by giving them access to certain spell lists in the book. Apparently its very flexible that way, having several varieties of mage based on what spell lists can be taken. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads