Converting Forgotten Realms monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
We could go the Devastating Critical path (Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Critical, Overwhelming Critical, Power Attack, Weapon Focus), and maybe Epic Sunder? Epic Will seems thematically appropriate, and if we want it to be surprisingly agile, we could give it Superior Initiative and/or Epic Reflexes.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
All those sound good, and we'll need to add Imp Init to get Sup Init. Power Critical for another non-epic feat (hehe, to add to the Devastating Crit!)? Maybe Imp Bull Rush and Awesome Blow?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Summarizing...

Awesome Blow, Cleave, Devastating Critical, Epic Reflexes, Epic Will, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Improved Sunder, Overwhelming Critical, Power Attack, Power Critical, Superior Initiative, Weapon Focus

That leaves 2 more feats. Dire Charge? Stand Still?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

It looks like none of our feats have skill rank prereqs.

We have 106 ranks. Stick with Climb, Intimidate, Knowledge (dungeoneering), Knowledge (religion), and Sense Motive? Maybe add Listen and/or Spot to detect intruders?

Cleon

Legend
All of those (including Listen and Spot) sound appropriate.

This is looking good!

We don't have many skill points to play around with, so does it really need Climb? Not many golems that I can think of have the skill. Besides, it gets a +21 Climb bonus just from its Strength bonus, which should be enough to cope with everyday obstacles.

Since it's main duty is to deal with interlopers I would think Listen & Spot should be its primary skills, followed by Intimidate & Sense Motive - perhaps 30 ranks apiece in the first two, 21 for the second two?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I think we should put a rank into Climb, if only for the reason that we can include it in the stat-block. Also, considering its religious role, adding Know (religion) and Know (dungeoneering) makes sense, again if even only a few ranks.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd also like to include all those skills, but the actual rank distribution isn't so important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads