• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from Dragon magazine

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd be happy to max out Tumble. I just don't like the logic of saying we shouldn't put ranks in Jump because it has a good enough Jump bonus but then giving it Acrobatic. That's all. The real question is how much Move Silently we want, I guess, which I thought you wanted.

As for Open Minded, I always forget about that one. :blush:

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'd be happy to max out Tumble. I just don't like the logic of saying we shouldn't put ranks in Jump because it has a good enough Jump bonus but then giving it Acrobatic. That's all. The real question is how much Move Silently we want, I guess, which I thought you wanted.

As for Open Minded, I always forget about that one. :blush:

I can live without much (or any) Move Silently, but I'm open-minded to Open Minded. ;)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd agree with that, maybe replacing the platoon. These don't seem like they'd been seen in such a large group without other spiders and crew members around.

Cleon

Legend
I'd agree with that, maybe replacing the platoon. These don't seem like they'd been seen in such a large group without other spiders and crew members around.

The original has an organization of "platoon" so I'd rather keep it and cut the colony.

How's this...

Organization: Solitary, platoon (2-10), or company (2-10 plus 0-2 leaping sword spiders and 5-8 drow of 2nd-4th level with a 6th level leader)

Cleon

Legend
It's fine, but the original text didn't really sound like they'd be on their own much.

Yes, they are created to serve the drow but I would like to allow for them to be encountered as independent groups - for example, a platoon assigned to guard duty without direct drow supervision, or a pack descended from a few drop spiders that "fell off the back of an airship" and went feral.

Remove ads