• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
DR 10/bludgeoning and magic?

Color Ray (Su): Every 2 rounds, a crystal golem may make a ranged touch attack against a single opponent within 20 feet (no range increment). If the attack hits, the target suffers the effects of a color spray spell.

Should we make that a swift action?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Nice. :cool:

Looking towards ability scores...

Stained Glass Golem (M): Str 13, Dex 10, Con --, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 7
Psion-Killer (Crystal Golem)(L): Str 31, Dex 10, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Ruby Golem (L): Str 23, Dex 12, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 1
Diamond Golem (L): Str 31, Dex 12, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 1
Emerald Golem (L): Str 26, Dex 12, Con -, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 1

I suppose we need to decide on Medium or Large first.

freyar

I think I'd go with medium based on the description, but it isn't completely clear.

freyar

I'd go with Dex 14 and Str on the low end, maybe 14-15, since it just sounds kind of fragile.

Shade

Monster Junkie
immune to all spells except shatter (causes 3d8 hp damage) and mending (restores it to full hit points)

How's this?

Immunity to Magic (Su): Crystal golems are immune to all spells or spell-like abilities that allow spell resistance, except as follows:

A shatter spell deals damage as normal to a crystalline creature.

A mending spell heals 1d6 points of damage to the golem, while a make whole spell heals all of its lost hit points.

freyar

Sounds good.

CR 6?

Organization: Solitary or Cluster (2d4)?

7ft tall and 400lbs? It is supposed to be skinny, right?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I agree with all that except the CR. I think they should be CR 7, since they are as deadly (if not deadlier) than a flesh golem at the same HD.

No construction given. Color spray seems like a no-brainer. Stained glass golem requires only geas/quest and limited wish. Maybe keen edge as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads