• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Cleon

Legend
Updated.

How about now?

I think that's fixed everything, it looks good to go now.

Hold on, I spoke too soon!

The Dust Body description ends "Assuming dust form takes a move action and return to its spider form as a swift action." The last half of that is ungrammatical.

"Assuming dust form takes a move action, returning to its spider form takes a swift action." ?

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Sure. How about this one?

Sandman
Frequency: Rare
No. Appearing: One
% in Lair: 100
Treasure Type: Nil
HTK: 33-45 (9D8),
AC: N/A
MV: 3" man form/9" dispersed
A T: 2,
DM: see following
THACO: N/A,
AL: Neutral
INT: Non-,
SZ: M
Spells: None
Specials: Sandblast (Sleep spell) and see following.
Magic Resistence: See following
Psionic Ability: Nil

A Sandman will appear if any person lingers for more than one turn in the Sandman's lair (usually a bedroom). The Sandman's only mode of attack is a projection of Sleep Dust (Sandblast) from both hands, each projection covering a 5' x 20' area. Such a Sandblast works as per a Sleep spell but affects Characters of all skill levels. Attacked Characters save vs. Spells (with modifiers as listed following) or fall asleep for 4D12 turns. A Sandman will not attack any sleeping (or recently slept) Character unless the Character has left the room and then returned again.

Any Character making his/her save attacks at -1 for 1D4 rounds. A Sandman will attack until all Characters present in its lair are asleep, have left the room, or until the Sandman is dispersed. A Sandman is not affected by any attacks except for Dispel Magic or Lightning-based spells, which disperse him effectively for 2D12 rounds, at which point he will reform and start the attack anew if Characters are still present.

Dispel Magic is the only method of awakening a successfully Sandman-attacked Character. A Character who successfully saves against a Sandblast attack adds one (+1) to the following modifiers (successful save modifiers are cumulative):

Saves vs. Sandblasts
Character State/ Sleep Modifier/ Definition
Rested/ -3/ Eight hours or more sleep; no exertion (i.e. recent waking)
Normal/ 0/ Regular amount of sleep; slight exertion (hiking, fighting 0-5 rounds
Fatigued/ +2/ Fighting 6-10 rounds and/or sustaining 0-15% HTK loss.
Exhausted/ +5/ 16+% sustained HTK loss, fought 11+ rounds
Note: Definitional terms are flexible at GM discretion.[/QUOTE]

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Can't be killed? I'm not sure I like that, though rejuvenation would be ok. Some of the characteristics sound incorporeal, but I don't think that was the intent.

But, anyway, what type? Outsider (native), maybe?

Remove ads