• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting my frostfell horror campaign.

Jeremy757

First Post
So I have sat down to start converting my old 3.5 campaign setting to 4th edition. Of course its a "conceptual" conversion because who wants to try and convert all that material over as literally as possible.

For your information, my campaign, Shattered Sun, is a Frostburn and Heroes of Horror campaign about the last human kingdom on a world that has fallen into an eternal winter.

The unintended side effect is that it has me thinking about my campaign in new and creative ways. It's creating new ideas on how to make my setting more alive and more interesting.

For instance, now instead of having the generic snow elves of Frostburn, I now have the Alfar, an ancient race of fey who live in the frozen wastes in "Fortress of Solitude" like crystal cities, and who survive by harnessing the power of their dead god's soul. I like that better.

By doing this conversion I have realized another thing: I like the standardization of the class structure and progression. It makes for creating your own classes and powers a lot easier. Well maybe not if your real picky about maintaining absolute balance between all the different classes and powers, but that's what we've got ENworld, the great vetting machine, for.

So here is the first of my conversions, the Alfar, one of two elven races in my campaign. The pdf document contains the race, 13 racial feats, and two wizard powers. Eventually there will be a warlock paragon path designed around this race, but I need to learn more before I tackle that. Let me know what you think of it. Anything underpowered or overpowered, etc.?

http://www.savefile.com/projects/808654052

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Alfar 4e.pdf
    26 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Remove ads