• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Nightbane to D20 Modern

slingbld

Explorer
Hello all,
I'm interested in Converting the Nightbane setting from Palladium Books to the D20 Modern system.
I love that setting (and most things C.J. Carella does) but find the system it is part of klunky and cumbersome.

Currently, I'm mainly interested in converting the Nightbane themselves.

Has anyone ever created any basic conversion guidelines for taking Palladium's system (Rifts, Heroes Unlimited, etc...) and bringing them over to D20 Modern?

I'll post some of my ideas in the comming days.....

Ranger REG

Explorer
If anyone did, they probably won't make it public. It's bad enough that Kevin Sembieda of Palladium have asked Wizards NOT to host any rules conversion of their products on their messageboards, especially those created by fans.

I don't think you'd like Board Administrator Morrus to have that same conversation (and accompanying headache) with a zealous Kevin.

slingbld

Explorer
K.S. is still that freaking bad????

He REALY needs to wake up and realize that his system isn't nearly as big or important in the industry as he seems to think it is....

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Well, that's his "child," figuratively. He just does not want his d20-based system to get lost in the booming d20 market. While I can understand his reason, I just don't think he should be overzealous about it.

And if he is, then he should know what he gotta do. The same thing Wizards did: Do a totally new edition and change his Megaversal ruleset into something dramatically better.

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
Rifts D20

slingbld I just sent you an email with a Rifts to d20 Modern conversion. Hope this helps you with your project.

Crothian

First Post
I converted it into a d20 format. It's basically a race, not balanced as Nightspawn are not balanced themselves. So no ecl is provided, though it very well could be needed. I kept the tables, so they are designed to be used. If someone was able to pick and choose traits, the system would be way too easily to abuse.

When I ran this I used a point base class creation system to allow players to create their personal class. It's limited, but the game was more horror based, and the characters were limited.

slingbld

Explorer
Crothian, could you send me what you've done?
Once I've got hte write up, I'll email everyone who helped me with the file so we can all compare notes :)

Last edited:

slingbld

Explorer
Thanks all for what you've sent!
I'm actually trying my hand at making a new race called the Nightbreed (from Clive Barker's Novel Cabal & the subsequent movie called Nightbreed)

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Hopefully this will keep Palladium's legal houds off my back!! :uhoh: :)

Kanegrundar

Explorer
Hey Golem,

Would you mind sending me your conversion notes? I've been converting some RIFTS and Heroes Unlimited stuff, and I'm always looking to see how others go about it.

Thanks,
Kane

TheSavageBard

Banned
Banned
slingbld said:
Thanks all for what you've sent!
I'm actually trying my hand at making a new race called the Nightbreed (from Clive Barker's Novel Cabal & the subsequent movie called Nightbreed)

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Hopefully this will keep Palladium's legal houds off my back!! :uhoh: :)

It's been a week how is this coming?

Remove ads