Converting Psionic Creatures

Cleon

Legend
I'd be perfectly happy to limit them to sor/wiz spells.

While I would prefer to keep it at divine and arcane, since I don't see anything in the original to indicate they can't dance divine spells, it does seem a little odd. What would the source of the spell's divine power be? Their "faith in the dance" perhaps?

Still, I don't mind making it arcane only. They can still cast most divine spells by dancing a limited wish or wish spell.

So, count my vote as "arcane and divine" but if freyar votes "arcane-only" I'll go along.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
What if we say arcane but allow bard spells as well?

Right, Still Spell should surely be out.

I think I see what you're getting at (Cleon) about the casting time, but it's taken a few re-readings. You want them to be able to voluntarily reduce the spell's CL, like a sorc/wiz can reduce the CL of a scroll (for ex) to decrease the casting time even more. Is there any way to clarify this further?

Cleon

Legend
What if we say arcane but allow bard spells as well?

What? Bards cast arcane spells!

Right, Still Spell should surely be out.

Well at least we can agree on something! ;)

I think I see what you're getting at (Cleon) about the casting time, but it's taken a few re-readings. You want them to be able to voluntarily reduce the spell's CL, like a sorc/wiz can reduce the CL of a scroll (for ex) to decrease the casting time even more. Is there any way to clarify this further?

Wasn't the latest revision clear enough? I'm open to suggestions.

freyar

Indeed, bards cast arcane spells, but Shade wanted to limit to sorc/wiz only!

I didn't find your last revision clear enough, but maybe that's just because I'd come in with some preconceptions about where we were going. I think it's ok.

Cleon

Legend
Indeed, bards cast arcane spells, but Shade wanted to limit to sorc/wiz only!

I didn't find your last revision clear enough, but maybe that's just because I'd come in with some preconceptions about where we were going. I think it's ok.

Right. I would still rather allow any arcane or divine spell, but don't mind making it any arcane instead if you'd both rather do that. I don't fancy reducing it to any sorc/wiz though.

Apart from that, is the current version good?

freyar

I'm happy with allowing divine spells, too, but I'm also ok with any arcane.

I think the current version is good other than dickering over this.

Remove ads