Converting "Real World" Animals and Vermin

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those changes are fine, but I think it would make more sense to allow the touch poison to be "injury or contact" and make the bite damage "(1d3-5 plus touch poison)."

Cleon

Legend
Those changes are fine, but I think it would make more sense to allow the touch poison to be "injury or contact" and make the bite damage "(1d3-5 plus touch poison)."

I'll agree changing the bite to "plus touch poison" makes sense, since that's what we called the poison.

Actually, upon reflection, I'd prefer changing the name to "skin poison", since "touch" has some specific meanings in the 3E rule set and the animal exudes it from its skin.

We don't need to add "injury or contact" to that poison's description, as contact poisons can already be delivered via weapon attacks, so it's superfluous.

How about putting "contact (including bite attack or grapple)" in the description?

Cleon

Legend
Very good. Do we have anything pending in one of our batches for this thread?

Our Batches to Come list doesn't have any real world monsters unless you count the Cryptozoological creatures on the Sea Monsters list as qualifying.

However, we've already working on that batch in the Dragon Magazine thread with our Great Orm conversion-in-progress.

Remove ads