Converting True Dragons

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, that could be confusing. Is this better?

Breath Weapon (Su): A shadow drake has one type of breath weapon, a cone of cold. However, its breath weapon is only quasi-real (see the shadow evocation spell). Any creature in the area is still entitled to a Reflex save for half damage as normal for breath weapons. In addition, an affected creature is entitled to a Will save to detect it as semi-illusory. Each disbelieving creature takes only one-fifth (20%) damage; if the creature took only half damage due to making its Reflex save, it takes only 20% of that halved damage. Objects automatically succeed on their Will saves against the breath.

RavinRay

Explorer
Yes, that sounds much better. And shadow evocation shouldn't up the CR by much if at all, as even it's maximum age category (12) which surpasses its spellcasting level still isn't high enough to allow it really strong effects.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

*Can also cast spells from the x, x, and x domains as arcane spells.

Skills: Skills: x, Hide, and Move Silently are considered class skills for shadow drakes.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
My thought on Artifice was that the 1st to 3rd level spells are the kinds of things it can use creeping around in a city or to play some kind of tricks with. Like the other drakes, I get a feeling that these are playful in a way (though it's less explicit in the original text for these). But really, I had a hard time coming up with a third one that really fit. Something that goes along with them favoring illusion spells would be best. I don't see Creation doing that, either, though.

RavinRay

Explorer
I was looking at the 1st-3rd level lists too; given the propensity for mischief :], I see your point. I'd veer more to Artifice than Creation then to allow that side of the drake's personality to show itself. :) And yes you're right, there's no domain in the SRD that's slanted strongly to illusion.

Remove ads