• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting U1 for use with the STAP

Sandain

Explorer
Hi all,

I only have 3 players in my group (fighter, druid, wizard) and we are about to start on the Savage Tide adventure path.

I want to run them through the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh first to give them an extra level and some better equipment.

Does anyone have any advice of how i can intertwine U1 with STAP please? such as who the smugglers work for, who hired the PC's, who Ned could work for, replace the lizard men with another humanoid group perhaps etc.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Wycen

Explorer
It's probably a little late now, but I'd use the Savage Tide affiliations for those behind the events in Sinister Secret of Salt Marsh. The Scarlett Brotherhood hired the bad guys and the Seekers, Dawn Council or maybe a church or noble hired the players.

Celebrim

Legend
From a flavor standpoint, that sounds like an excellent idea. But on the other hand, while I haven't seen Savage Tide yet, but its hard to imagine that it would be less lethal than a converted U1. IIRC, just about ever encounter in U1 involves something poisonous or otherwise nasty.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads