• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Convince me that the Ranger is a necessary Class.

Remathilis

Legend
Oh, it's very much an In My Opinion list.

But I expect if everyone made such a list, there would be a fair amount of overlap.
I don't think that overlap would be all that much. Once you get past the iconic four (and that's not a given considering how I've seen people opting to combine all spellcasters into one or give martials skill and combat at the same time) I think you would find all other classes given more or less equal weight. One person's primal spellcasting shapeshifter is another's cleric in animal furs. Which is why I find attempts to condense the list futile; there is no way you'll find anything resembling consensus on what archetypes are class worthy and which aren't.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
at least with no real small size penalties for gnomes.
So. they can be deleted.
I see you desire war. There will be gnomes going forward.

Seriously though, 5E doesn't give races penalties at all and the two times it did people absolutely tore them to shreds, especially given it was on one of the weakest races at the time in orcs. There is no justifiable reason for a size penalty

Do the territorial divisions of ancient Egypt need to be represented?
1000009115.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads