Cookin again

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Went to the End of Ramadan (Eid) buffet at one of my local favorite Lebanese restaurants. First time I've done that at any such place. Things I learned:

1) the Eid buffet KICKS ASS! There was a lamb in yogurt sauce so tender that it might as well have been a damn smoothie.
2) get there early, because some dishes are in limited supply. I got the last of the baked chicken, an hour before closing.
3) a good chocolate mousse (on their buffet) smeared on pita (on their buffet) is damn near as good as a chocolate eclair. (Our server said it kills with Nutella as well.)

thehrrf

First Post
Slow cooked a brisket on Friday. Everyone knows about brisket.

Sliced the leftovers up thin and made a steak and cheese like pizza Saturday. Purple onions, provolone and mozz, alfredo sauce. Never did that before and it came out pretty well although residual sweet baby ray's on the brisket didn't really go with the alfredo as well. Need to do one or the other next time.

Lpelmond

First Post
pasta with honey garlic shrimps and baked butternut squash salad with spinach leaves, balsamic glaze and feta cheese for tomorrow's lunch. yum

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
A li'l somethin' we're doin' today...

Pork ribs & sausage (2 kinds)

Ribeyes

BBQ sauce

Oven roasted San Marziano tomatoes tossed with salt, pepper & balsamic vinegar

Oven baked potatoes

California mix veggies

Peach blitz

Last edited:

Anna Kosten

First Post
Testing my new purchase. I am making grlled lamb chops, marinated in garlic, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce and probably honey (And whatever else I can find hehe) with side of steamed snow peas, broccoli and carrots.

Last edited:

EmberGod

First Post
Also I love baked cookies and stew. I can eat them all week. My fridge is full of containers with food. I must say that it saves my time much more.

Last edited:

Remove ads