Cooking: Simple ramen noodle recipes

Grabuto138

First Post
Add one package of Ramen without the flavoring package to one can of Campbells soup that was one sale. Vegetarian Vegetable is the best I think. Avoid soups that already have noodles or rice. You get the filling quality of the ramen and the nutrition of the soup at less than $2 per meail.

Merkuri

Explorer
Add one package of Ramen without the flavoring package to one can of Campbells soup that was one sale.

I was considering doing something like this. Do you cook the ramen first and then add it to the already cooked soup, or do you let the ramen cook in the soup broth while you heat the soup up?

This thread is reminding me of my college days.

Cheap food.

I don't remember doing much to change the original recipe. I think I sometimes added extra veggies (left overs).

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Add one package of Ramen without the flavoring package to one can of Campbells soup that was one sale. Vegetarian Vegetable is the best I think. Avoid soups that already have noodles or rice. You get the filling quality of the ramen and the nutrition of the soup at less than $2 per meail.

Actually, that wasn't so bad. I still dropped an egg in and then used some soy sauce and a half packet of flavoring.

Someone had given me a weight watcher's recipe also:

2 packages of Ramen Noodles
1 pint of broccoli cole slaw
6 oz of beef strips

Cook the beef strips then add the broccoli cole slaw and then pour over unseasoned noodles. Not bad.

Thanael

Explorer
Get the korean Shin Ramyun by Nong Shim. I like them better than any other Ramen. They are rather hot though, so use only half of tghe packet if you don't like it hot. Also they are very good if you put in an egg and let most of the water cook out.

...I used to buy them by the box (containing 20 or so pack) from local Asia Shops at a discount. They probably cost less than a dollar each that way and they do hold forever.

http://noodleson.com/review/2005/09/07/nong-shim-shin-ramyun/

Demmero

Explorer
I'm not very inventive with my ramen noodles, but when my local stores stopped selling the cajun chicken flavor I switched to regular chicken flavor, threw out half the stuff in the flavoring packet, and added a quick shake of ground red cayenne pepper to give it some zing.

Not as good as the cajun chicken flavor was, but adequate.

Poison Idea

First Post
I'm not sure what you have in America but if you can get your hands on either Wai Wai(1), Mi-Goreng(2) or Korean Spaggetti Ramen(3) and just add frozen veggies (which cook in the boiled water) and an egg.

It's as easy as that. All noodles are 45c AUD and are the best tasting instant noodles. Although you might have to go to an Asian market to get them.

waiwaiinstantnoodle.JPG

mi+goreng.jpg

1.jpg

ProfessorPain

First Post
I would try plain ramen noodles in the microwave with water to get the noodles right first. Then experiment with different flavor combinations. Some possible flavor sources: Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Pepper, Siracha Sauce, Tumeric Powder, citrus, Chili Powder, Syuu Sauce (not sure how to spell), Ginger, Seasame Oil.

Personally I would start with just putting a little seasame oil into the bowl. That gives noodles a pretty good flavor. Mix it with a little ginger and celery and cook it in the microwave. This is a flavor combination I really like (also works for steamed chicken or fish). But experiment with the flavors. Try different combinations of salty, spicy, sweet and sour.

Remove ads