• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cool battle map/terrain set-ups

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, I built a rough facsimile of the Feywild ruins in King of the Trollhaunt Warrens for my game a little over a year ago. It was lots of fun!

BriarMonkey

First Post
I've used Lego to do such things with important encounters. But even with that, the setups don't tend to be nearly as elaborate as the images linked in the thread.

I should really work on that...

Jupp

Explorer
We did use EZ Dungeons for some part of our Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk campaign. The first time I used that setup produced a series of Ooooh's and Aaaah's. Though we've now moved to using a LED TV as a battle map but I am sure those dungeon tiles will come into play again. They are too cool to not use them again.

Attachments

• DSC00502.JPG
    DSC00502.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 785
  • DSC00511.JPG
    DSC00511.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 852
  • DSC00521.JPG
    DSC00521.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 748
  • DSC00524.JPG
    DSC00524.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC00523.JPG
    DSC00523.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 668
  • DSC00507.JPG
    DSC00507.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 775

Stumblewyk

Adventurer
I built a multi-level kobold warren that filled the interior of a large crag and was topped by a dragon's lair out of cardboard and Gaming Paper for my party back in our early days of 4e. A lot of carboard, a lot of guide-wire, and a lot of Gaming Paper. but in the end it was pretty cool, since the party could be split on multiple levels of the crag (they had to run from the base to the top to confront the dragon in a limited time period), and I could make it one enormous encounter.

We had the faster PCs running upwards 1-2 levels before the rest of the party, PCs dropping to negative HP and other PCs having to backtrack for them while fending off pestering kobolds, and a really malevolent green dragon waiting for the party at the top, ready to slaughter the wizard that was the party's only hope of escaping the island their ship wrecked off the coast of.

Good times. A lot of work, but totally worth it in the end. My players really seemed to enjoy it.

Sadly, I don't think any pictures exist of my (not so) masterpiece. =/

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads